Gettysburg Trivia

Armchair General
Reactions:

Re:Gettysburg Trivia

Post by Armchair General »

Gfran64 wrote:
It is in fact his work. Barnegat Light in NJ to be more precise. Good work sir.

Greg B)
Oh well, I was WAY off from Old Point Comfort in Virginia. Oops.
Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure.
O. O. Howard
Reactions:

Post by O. O. Howard »

Since I saw someone use a photo of the 11th PA monument for the Sallie question, I will work under the assumption that monuments are a legitimate trivia subject and ask:

Which Union monument at Gettysburg depicts a line officer standing on an axe and why?
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Post by Kerflumoxed »

GB Trivia Question:

Which Confederate Regiment and Company had three sets of twins in one company with 5 or the 6 being killed? (Hint: Every man in this company was killed or wounded.)

Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade
Civilwar803
Reactions:

Post by Civilwar803 »

Company F 26th N.C

I have a question about the battle
Name two of the officers commanding either a brigade,regiment or battery that fought on Little ROund Top on July 2nd from either Stephen Weed or Strong Vincents brigades that were killed?
Armchair General
Reactions:

Civilwar803 wrote:
Company F 26th N.C

I have a question about the battle
Name two of the officers commanding either a brigade,regiment or battery that fought on Little ROund Top on July 2nd from either Stephen Weed or Strong Vincents brigades that were killed?
Patrick O'Rorke and Charles Hazlett.
Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure.
Civilwar803
Reactions:

Post by Civilwar803 »

Correct....other names could be Stephen Weed or Strong Vincent
Armchair General
Reactions:

By the time that the Battle of Gettysburg was fought, which Army of the Potomac division had accumulated more casualties than any other, and was also the smallest?
O. O. Howard
Reactions:

Post by O. O. Howard »

I guess I could go and look for the sizes of the divisions and get an accurate answer, but I am essentially lazy and will guess:

1st Division, Second Corps based on their heavy losses at Antietam and Fredericksburg, as well as some losses on the Penninsula. Some of the regiments were barely the size of companies at Gettysburg.
O. O. Howard
Reactions:

Post by O. O. Howard »

O. O. Howard wrote:
Since I saw someone use a photo of the 11th PA monument for the Sallie question, I will work under the assumption that monuments are a legitimate trivia subject and ask:

Which Union monument at Gettysburg depicts a line officer standing on an axe and why?
By the way, no one has guessed on my trivia question yet. Maybe because I called it an axe. In actuality, it was probably more like a camp hatchet.
Armchair General
Reactions:

O. O. Howard wrote:
I guess I could go and look for the sizes of the divisions and get an accurate answer, but I am essentially lazy and will guess:

1st Division, Second Corps based on their heavy losses at Antietam and Fredericksburg, as well as some losses on the Penninsula. Some of the regiments were barely the size of companies at Gettysburg.
Yeah, it was Caldwell's Division, 2nd Corps