glich found before

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
chee
Reactions:

glich found before

Post by chee »

sometimes units are fighting in a battle...
but AI will face to another direction even rear to enemies,,,then continue fighting,,,like firing towards wrong direction,,,
so this glich anyone ever find it and correct it with any patch ?
Davinci
Reactions:

Re: glich found before

Post by Davinci »

sometimes units are fighting in a battle...
but AI will face to another direction even rear to enemies,,,then continue fighting,,,like firing towards wrong direction,,,
so this glich anyone ever find it and correct it with any patch ?
This will usually happen if the Armies are big and the "AI" doesn't have the time to "update" the units.

You can try this post listed below to see if this helps!

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/techni ... -aicount55

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

This 'units firing backwards' issue sometimes happens, at any level of play. I reported it way back testing the 'Green's Alone', scenario, it's brigade level. It was supposedly fixed, then reported again. It was hard to nail down the cause at that time so just got away from us. I'm pretty sure I know how it happens now, at least sometimes. By my observations it happens when an engaged unit automatically retreats but doesn't retreat out of engagement range. Then, instead of forming up they freeze in their scattered retreat formation and 'withdraw while firing', backwards.

Maybe an AI tweak will fix this issue as Davinci suggests, it'd be a plus for the game for sure. Many things are possible by manipulating, er, modding the files...Right D?
Last edited by RebBugler on Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

By my observations it happens when an engaged unit automatically retreats but doesn't retreat out of engagement range. Then, instead of forming up they freeze in their scattered retreat formation and 'withdraw while firing', backwards.
Good Observation there "Reb" - I never really put that together as to why it happens.

I have only seen it on several rare occasions over the years but have always concluded that the unit was not being updated correctly.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!