how to judge a general is killed or not

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
chee
Reactions:

how to judge a general is killed or not

Post by chee »

I have played stock Gettysburg battle with a score over 10000.But ending ui,the Harper's Weekly showed tragedy!!
So I am puzzled ,how know a general is dead? It seems that a general can go everywhere if he wants.
He is likely to be transparent.
Then how the general I act dead?
DarkRob
Reactions:

Re: how to judge a general is killed or not

Post by DarkRob »

I have played stock Gettysburg battle with a score over 10000.But ending ui,the Harper's Weekly showed tragedy!!
So I am puzzled ,how know a general is dead? It seems that a general can go everywhere if he wants.
He is likely to be transparent.
Then how the general I act dead?
Tragedies happen the moment the officer you are playing in the game is killed. The most common way for this to happen is when players bring that officer to close to the action and an enemy unit comes in physical contact with the officer and kills them. Leading from the front isn't a good idea in these games. Even in brigade scenarios where you're by necessity closer to the action than you would be at the division or corps level, try and keep your brigade commander behind his own troops. Tragedies will rarely, if ever, happen once you start keeping your officers behind the lines.
chee
Reactions:

Re: how to judge a general is killed or not

Post by chee »

thanks,,,I will take officer not so closer to objective which em coming nearly.
then,,,the same way,,can I kill the em office with my army ?
or capture him ? I know I can capture a company if win the melee fight and capture a artilery...