Multiplayer SOW Gettysburg

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
McHugh
Reactions:

Multiplayer SOW Gettysburg

Post by McHugh »

I bought SOW Gettysburg way back when it was Norbsoft. My friends and I stopped playing it because multiplayer was always a problem. I saw today at the Matrix product page for SOW Gettysburg the following:

New Routing server for flawless multiplayer play Multiplayer online combat in several modes, including: Standard opposite sides, cooperative play versus the AI ,play embedded within historical battle scenarios.

So I fired up the game and the multiplayer page looked exactly the same as I remembered it with the two option of the lobby or direct IP. My question is, what is the "New Routing server" and how do I activate it for my game. I checked my version and it is 1.61, so it is up to date.

I also saw a discussion about not being able to save a multiplayer game which I find unbelievable. It is tough enough finding a time suitable for everyone to play but how would you ever finish one of the larger scenarios?

Any information abou the New Routing Server would be greatly appreciated.
cliometrician
Reactions:

Re: Multiplayer SOW Gettysburg

Post by cliometrician »

Good question--I would like an answer as well.
"I may have fought on the side that was wrong, but I fought on the right side." John S. Mosby
exp101
Reactions:

Re: Multiplayer SOW Gettysburg

Post by exp101 »

I have no information on a "new routing server" but we are playing MP battles virtually every day using the NGCM mods system without problem. Visit the NGCMSoW.com site for all the details, links to mods, etc.

A few days ago we fought an 11 vs 11 multi-player battle, but if you'd prefer to play smaller battles within your circle of friends, that is also possible. You would only need to get hosting permissions from Swinder (NGCM's creator and administrator). Sign up at our Discord site Help page (the link to the Discord invitation is at Help/Install & Setup. Once on Discord, see the website-information text channel for additional info on our system.