Game crashes repeatedly when using this Mod???

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Game crashes repeatedly when using this Mod???

Post by RebBugler »

By the way, why is this forum soooo quiet??? And why is there no Slitherine/Matrix forum for SOW???
I spent all last year on OOB-WW2 and the forums there are very active with lots of traffic!!
Is it that SOW players are unaware that the forum is at Norbsoft??? Or are there just not that many SOW players??
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1115
Compared to sowgb forum's activity level, the Matrix site is a dead zombie.

Games that no longer have official Patch support tend to scale down to a small niche of modders and loyal fans of the game that can accept the game as is, for better or worse. And that's where we are.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
tula1959
Reactions:

Post by tula1959 »

Ok Reb! I think we may be on to something here! I deactivated the "show road path" as you suggested - and staying with PC1 I just now started it fresh and gave at least 20 "use road" commands in a row without any crash!!
This again is with original sfx file! Am going to try this again in a little while to see if stays clear!
tula1959
Reactions:

Post by tula1959 »

Spoke too soon again Reb - I realized that not only did I uncheck the 'show road path' but ALSO the 'play march music' - just tested again with the march music checked and active and just the 'path' off ======CRASH after just a few 'use roads' commands------- SO it seems that it IS the march music after all!!!!????

Just keeping ya posted!!!!

Still no joy on the full-screen cock-up
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Still, progress. This has all appearances to be THE Win10 issue. If it's just a Marching Music glitch then this is the best fix for Win10 players since unchecking the 'show road path icons' eliminates a very helpful feature - confirming the route of pathing, road marching direction and roads taken, so the player can make immediate pathing adjustments when necessary.

Would you please test this? Don't uncheck 'show road path icons', just uncheck 'play marching music'. I'm crossing my fingers that this is the fix.
Last edited by RebBugler on Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tula1959
Reactions:

Post by tula1959 »

Ok! Just tested twice - road path ON march music OFF
NO Crashes!! Did at least 15-20 Use Roads commands and no problems!
So it IS the march music!! I agree that the show path is critical information to have displayed and am glad we have saved it!! :laugh: :)
tula1959
Reactions:

Post by tula1959 »

Just installed Chancellorsville - and I see there is included another of your Mods with it, "Extras"!! How does this mod mesh with B&Fs??? Do you activate both?? Or does B&F take the place of Extras, or do you ignore Extras and just keep using B&Fs??

I must say it is really nice to have a personal connection/relationship to one of the Developers/designers!!!
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Just installed Chancellorsville - and I see there is included another of your Mods with it, "Extras"!! How does this mod mesh with B&Fs??? Do you activate both?? Or does B&F take the place of Extras, or do you ignore Extras and just keep using B&Fs??

I must say it is really nice to have a personal connection/relationship to one of the Developers/designers!!!
B&F works in concert with CV Extras, primarily with the 'extras' additional flags, keeping B&F in the lowest priority. CV Extras provides lots of enhancements, primarily more scenarios. Read the Intro in Modifications when the CV Extras name is selected, it provides all the details.