SOW Antietam

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
McHugh
Reactions:

Re: SOW Antietam

Post by McHugh »

Thanks, I've printed out your instructions. I also reinstalled Antietam and sure enough it is version 1.50 so for those people who buy the Gettysburg Collection Edition or Gettysburg stand alone and add Antietam as I did they will have Gettysburg and Chancellorsville versions 1.61 and Antietam 1.50. I don't know what kind of contact there is with Norbsoft and Matrix Games but if there is any, Matrix should be informed and then issue a 1.61 patch for Antietam.

As mentioned in one of my previous postings I cannot open the Antietam file, the one that you see in the attached screenshot (Antietam in Gettysburg) and is described as a SOW file. When I reinstalled Antietam it is referred to as an application. Because I can't open it I can't get to the Antietam.Isl file. I found the Gettysburg Isl file. Oddly enough, Lynchburg is compressed folder and can be opened.
Attachments
Lynchburgcompressedfolder.png
Lynchburgcompressedfolder.png (97.82 KiB) Viewed 758 times
AntietaminGettysburg.png
AntietaminGettysburg.png (93.36 KiB) Viewed 758 times
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

As mentioned in one of my previous postings I cannot open the Antietam file, the one that you see in the attached screenshot (Antietam in Gettysburg) and is described as a SOW file. When I reinstalled Antietam it is referred to as an application. Because I can't open it I can't get to the Antietam.Isl file.
No...
You sort of have to "Stop" what you are doing and read what I am typing...

If you have the Antietam Map - you have the "Antietam.lsl" file installed in the Maps folder of that Mod.

There is absolutely no other way to have that map without the Antietam.lsl file.

To put that another way...The Antietam.lsl - is the Antietam Map!

Search the Mods and look for the Maps folder...

***Also - the SOW_Lynchburg zip file should not be in that directory, as in the picture that you posted above.

***All Maps and the files associated with the Maps are either in the Base\Maps\Folder or the Mods\Maps\Folder.....NOT in the Main Directory that you keep posting.

*** The "Antietam.lsl" - might use an abbreviated name like "ANT_1.lsl" or "ANT_2.lsl" but it will end with the "lsl" which is the Map.

davinci
Last edited by Davinci on Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Jolly
Reactions:

Post by Jolly »

There is also a graphics update I did a few months back for Antietam ...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p5pobklv2zqh5 ... 2.zip?dl=0

You can find the thread for this in the Modifications forum section.
http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/modifi ... 2-by-jolly

David(jolly)
McHugh
Reactions:

Post by McHugh »

Thanks DaVinci and thanks Jolly. I am hoping that your mod is the easiest option for me as I am a computer neophyte and have never installed a mod. Otherwise I will follow DaVinci's instructions. I just looked at you mod and please correct me if I have the wrong procedure.

I see two folders, Graphics and Maps. In Graphics there is a sub folder, Packed with 5 files. When I opened Maps there was one folder called Packages with one sound file and 12 "ANT" files.

I assume that I do the following:
1. Find all the files in the mod in my current installation and back those files up.
2. Replace those files with the files from the mod.
Jolly
Reactions:

Post by Jolly »

It's a lot simpler than that!
Just copy the complete 'Antietam_Graphics_v2' folder into the Mods folder and make sure you enable it with a tick showing.

The new graphics should then show the next time you play Antietam.

David(jolly)
McHugh
Reactions:

Post by McHugh »

I copied the Antietam_Graphics_v2 folder in to my Mods folder. Attaching a screenshot. I then started up SOW Gettysburg Modifications, highlighted the folder and clicked the checkmark as per the attached screenshot. I must be doing something wrong because the ground textures are still the same. Attaching a screenshot of what I get for Antietam. Thanks.
Attachments
AntietamGraphics.png
AntietamGraphics.png (1.71 MiB) Viewed 758 times
AntietamModifications.png
AntietamModifications.png (833.27 KiB) Viewed 758 times
AntietamGraphicsModinSOWGB.png
AntietamGraphicsModinSOWGB.png (56.88 KiB) Viewed 758 times
Petrus58
Reactions:

Post by Petrus58 »

From your modifications screenshot, you haven't activated the Antietam mod. I should have a yellow bar against it as per the Lynchburg mod.
McHugh
Reactions:

Post by McHugh »

Thanks, I highlighted the mod and clicked the checkmark again and there is now a yellow square beside the mod. Looked at the graphics and they now are the same as SOW Gettysburg! Thank you to everyone that replied to my post!
McHugh
Reactions:

Post by McHugh »

Ok, I guess I spoke too soon because now I am getting corrupted graphics as per the attached screenshot. Also getting rectangles floating across the screen horizontally but my screenshot did not capture that. Earlier today I saw a post at Matrix where someone said I could optimize the graphics by changing some settings. I was wondering if that was the issue so I changed them back to default. Specifically, AntiA and Anso back to 0 and minimaps back to 0. Attaching a screenshot of what I currently have.

I saw something about an issue with this mod concerning Chancellorsville but I don't have Chancellorsville.
Attachments
SOWAntietamIntExplorer.png
SOWAntietamIntExplorer.png (108.25 KiB) Viewed 758 times
Screenshot2019-01-1614.00.23.png
Screenshot2019-01-1614.00.23.png (2.88 MiB) Viewed 758 times
McHugh
Reactions:

Post by McHugh »

Ooops attached the wrong screenshot of the settings. Here it is.
Attachments
Antietamsettings.png
Antietamsettings.png (31.47 KiB) Viewed 758 times