Post from Facebook "Friends of Scourge of War"

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
Benmilam
Reactions:

Post from Facebook "Friends of Scourge of War"

Post by Benmilam »

Two NGCM records were set yesterday in Battle #371:
-18 humanoid players beat the previous NGCM mark of 17 set about a week ago. (The old GCM once played a battle with 23 divisions);
-These players brought a total of 75,969 pixel truppen to the battle (37,975 Union vs. 37,994 Rebels). With game performance and speed running strong lately, this was an experiment to see what would happen if our usual 50K ceiling was removed. In #371 all limits were eliminated. Overall, the game ran smoothly even though we blew by the old mark by nearly 26,000 troops. Congrats to all participants for making NGCM/GCM history! And (grudgingly) to the Rebels who took full advantage of their 19 soldier edge in pulling off the victory.

If you are looking for a challenging MP game in Scourge of War join us today at 5:15 EST. Go to website and create your divisions. We can be reached easier on Discord.
https://www.ngcmsow.com
Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/376XYjY
Last edited by Benmilam on Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benmilam
Reactions:

Re: Post from Facebook "Friends of Scourge of War"

Post by Benmilam »

The attachment 371.JPG is no longer available
Attachments
371.JPG
371.JPG (129.76 KiB) Viewed 816 times
exp101
Reactions:

Post by exp101 »

Game time is actually 5:15 EST/4:15 CST/3:15 MST/2:15 PST in the US daily. If new to NGCM, be sure to register, set up your divisions, and stop by on Discord 15 - 30 minutes before game time to test out your settings. Hope to see you there!
El Swanto
Reactions:

Post by El Swanto »

I see you have gotten no replies.

I have been trying to find out if there are any multiplayer games.

if you can help, my email is swantsays@gmail.com
exp101
Reactions:

Post by exp101 »

Swanto, there are multi-player battles virtually every day at the time above. Go to NGCMSoW.com and see the Help/Intall-Setup page for all the details.We had a 22-player battle a couple of days ago.
El Swanto
Reactions:

Post by El Swanto »

Thank You exp101.

I will try to visit the site you suggested. However, I think that I got into "lobby" using the IP method. The problem is that there does not seem to be anybody there. I am able to post message that I can see but there are no players listed. Therefore, I am not sure if I am in or not.

I am glad to hear that there are MP games going on.

BTW, there are a number of posts from an "EL SWANTO" from several years ago. This is NOT me as I just registered this week. Some moderator responded to a post of mine very rudely thinking I was that other El Swanto!

Once again, thanks alot- hope to "meet" you again
exp101
Reactions:

Post by exp101 »

There is info and an invitation to join us in Discord on the website. If you come in 20 - 30 minutes before game time (see post above), there will be players there gathering for the battle.
El Swanto
Reactions:

Post by El Swanto »

Thanks again for your response.

I "registered" at the site NGCMSoW.com yesterday. I am not sure how to proceed now. Under the "help" tab there was a bewildering assortment of possible downloads. They seem to require additional "unzip" capabilities to open and I am not sure which I need to download (if any). This is somewhat more technical than I expected.

Is it the case that multiplayer games cannot be accessed from the Scourge of War/ Gettysburg multiplayer "lobby" as described in the game manual? As I stated earlier, entrance there was blocked using 1st method (not attached to server), but I seemed to get a connection when using the IP method. Nonetheless, there does not seem to be any activity.

If possible I would like to attempt to at least observe at %:00 EST. My understanding is that I should go to "discord) "Swinder's" via NGCM website and give up at trying to connect thru game lobby?

If so, what further actions are required at the "Swinder" site?

Thanks Again

my email is swantsays@gmail.com
exp101
Reactions:

Post by exp101 »

Here's a checklist for you (from the NGCM Help/Installation Instructions page):
1) Download all the linked mods on the left side of the page (exception: if you have W10, don't bother with NGCM Flags or NGCM Sounds, as they likely cause game crashes);
2) These should all be unzipped straight into your SoWGB Mods folder;
3) Open your game, go to modifications, activate these mods and save your settings;
4) The order of the mods in the list is important in at least one case: Make sure NGCM FogOfWar is at the very bottom of mods as shown in your game;
5) The Norbsoft multi-player lobby has a bug that needs to be fixed before you will be able to join the MP Game Lobby. See the link and the path in the lower left of the page about the "hosts" file.
5) Assuming your are patched up to the latest version of the game (1.6100) you should now be good to go with the game itself.

You now need to set up your personal division. This involves drafting historical regiments and guns and assigning them to the brigade and battery commanders you recruit. Simply follow the instructions under "Division Setup" on the right side of the page.

If you need more help and to test out your system/setup, show up in Discord 20 or 30 minutes before game time (5:15pm EST) and someone will help you out.

Strongly suggest reviewing the points in our Discord site's "Website-Information" text channel for more details about NGCM and how it's played. Also, strongly suggest in "Preferences" limiting your division battle size to no more than 5 regiments and no guns to start out.

If your game is properly set up (using the info in the first portion of my post) you should be able to join one of our games just to observe by taking someone's supply wagon or other minor command. Be glad to have you!
El Swanto
Reactions:

Post by El Swanto »

Glad to hear from you again.

Pleased that you confirmed that SOW access to MP is not possible- at least I can stop wasting my time trying to enter that way.

I got home too late to attempt joining or observing game via Discord. I tried to download all the mods on the left as you suggested, except Fog of War. I don't think I did it correctly as all the zip and unzip did not seem to get me anywhere. I am not very computer literate.

I will check in again at Discord and see if I can contact someone that can explain how to play thru that site.

Thanks, and I hope to grasp this procedure someday!