Not running Full Screen???

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
tula1959
Reactions:

Not running Full Screen???

Post by tula1959 »

Been playing for a number of weeks now - and I suddenly do not have a full screen game anymore??? I did not change anything, and now I am seeing huge black borders on each side of the game screen...(see pics) I swear it has been full screen up to now, unless I am losing my mind LOL And Yes, the Full Screen option IS checked in the options list...
I even tried to uninstall and install fresh but still the same... Help!?
Running Win10 with game set to Win7 compatible as will not run in Win10 (the windows open but all the info in them is blank spaces) Have had no problems up until now!
Attachments
IMG_0082.JPG
IMG_0082.JPG (67.55 KiB) Viewed 191 times
DarkRob
Reactions:

Re: Not running Full Screen???

Post by DarkRob »

Been playing for a number of weeks now - and I suddenly do not have a full screen game anymore??? I did not change anything, and now I am seeing huge black borders on each side of the game screen...(see pics) I swear it has been full screen up to now, unless I am losing my mind LOL And Yes, the Full Screen option IS checked in the options list...
I even tried to uninstall and install fresh but still the same... Help!?
Running Win10 with game set to Win7 compatible as will not run in Win10 (the windows open but all the info in them is blank spaces) Have had no problems up until now!
Try unchecking the full screen option and then changing the resolution to match your monitor's. If you're unsure of your monitors resolution just start with the highest resolution and work your way down until everything fits on the screen right. With a little experimentation you should find the right resolution. Remember everytime you change resolutions you have to restart the game for it take effect.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Check the Format controls for your TV/monitor, looks like you bumped it off Wide Screen.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
tula1959
Reactions:

Post by tula1959 »

Ok - display resolution is 1920 x 1080...……….When I set the game option to that resolution the active window gets
EVEN SMALLER....…… There is no setting on my display itself for widescreen... Unchecked Full Screen option in game and tried them all, restarting each time - the best I can get is as in the pic in prior post above... and that is with the LOWEST setting on the graphics options …. Reb, are you going to tell me I am again going where no one has gone before???? LOL

I just don't understand what changed - all other games and programs are running full screen as they should so I do not think it is a setting in the monitor itself...and I know I did not change any settings to bring this about...

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :(
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

Hi Tula 1959
You might need to go into the games ini. file and enter your screen resolution and then save it. Make sure when you start the game that it is then showing the new resolution. Enter the details into the first section of the ini. file. I had a similar problem and that fixed it. Let us know if that works and what happened if it did not.

Remus
tula1959
Reactions:

Post by tula1959 »

Thanks Remus, worth a try! But I can not find the ini.file - where is it located??? Looked through all the game folders and could not find it??
tula1959
Reactions:

Post by tula1959 »

Ok - so this is what I get after setting the game option resolution to 1920x1080 to match the same of the monitor setting! It is the same with the game option Full Screen checked and unchecked...

After many hours of experimentation it would seem to me that the game option Full Screen has been corrupted or disabled somehow.... as it is clearly having no impact on the situation... That being said, one would think that a full uninstall/reinstall of the game would clear that out and reestablish whatever needed to be so and remedy the issue...However that had NO impact on the situation and remains the same..... This makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever and I am VERY frustrated at this point!!!!

Again, when I first installed the game weeks ago, and since that time, I had NEVER touched the game options screen resolution or Full Screen button - however they initially installed is where they stayed...
Attachments
IMG_0083.JPG
IMG_0083.JPG (66.02 KiB) Viewed 191 times
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

Hi Tula 1959

What you have illustrated is exactly what was happening to me. A quick fix that I used until I got it working was to right click on exe. then go to compatibility settings and use that to open the game. I’m not at my computer, this is my iPad, but I will get you the details of working through the ini. file. It will take a little time before I can do it but trying the compatibility mode might get you going in the meantime.

remus
tula1959
Reactions:

Post by tula1959 »

Thanks Remus - but I see no way of launching the game from the properties>compatibility area... Not sure what you are talking about there????? Right click on the autorun.exe > select properties > select compatibility > there is no way to launch game from there...….
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Have you tried another game that previously had no issues regarding wide screen display to check whether it's a monitor adjustment or SOW?
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...