Not running Full Screen???

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
tula1959
Reactions:

Re: Not running Full Screen???

Post by tula1959 »

Reb, Yes I tried two other games (OOB-WW2 and Campaign Series) and both run full screen just fine as they have always done.... Therefore it is NOT a setting on the monitor but something specific to SOW..??????? Clueless!!!
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

What happens when you try the default setting?

[Initialization]
Full Screen=1
Screen Res=0

The sowgb.ini file is located in the sowgb/Work folder.

I use the default settings with my wide screen 48 inch HDTV and have never experienced a resolution issue as long as the TV Format adjustment is set to full screen.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
tula1959
Reactions:

Post by tula1959 »

Ok - found the ini file - and it shows just what you said

[Initialization]
Full Screen=1
Screen Res=0
AntiA=0
Anso=0

Can I change the "Screen Res"??? That is what Remus was talking about I think??? Put in 1920x1080??? Does not sound likely....

And yes I have tried the defaults - just stays the same - no effect
tula1959
Reactions:

Post by tula1959 »

Ok - found the ini file - changed the Screen Res value from 0 to 10 - what this does is start the game with the even smaller game screen as per when I changed to 1920x1080 from the game options screens...
Hoping Remus can offer further guidance here!!!??? Or is that what you were talking about that fixed for you??
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

Hi tula1959
Type your actual screen resolution instead of number 10 into the ini file,save the file, then close it. Open the game and if that work then change the setting in the interface like you have been doing. Close the game and reopen as the changes won’t occur until you restart the game.

remus
tula1959
Reactions:

Post by tula1959 »

No joy Remus - result is the same - the very small game window as in the pic above - that ini change just starts the game at the 1920x1080 resolution - and that resolution (which IS the same as monitor setting) is not going full screen - indeed smaller window than when set to 1024x768...
Any other thoughts?????????? I am close to giving up in total frustration....

Given all of the stuff I have said in above posts - HOW can a total reinstall of the game NOT clear away whatever the problem is????

I DO have Chancellorsville but have never yet installed it - am I correct that it is a stand-alone platform??
If so than in theory it should not be impacted by whatever this Gettysburgh problem is??? I am almost afraid to try it as I do not think I could stand to see the same issue there .....LOL
Attachments
IMG_0083_2019-01-25.JPG
IMG_0083_2019-01-25.JPG (66.02 KiB) Viewed 207 times
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

Hi tula 1959
The other option I suggested I think you did it incorrectly. I should have said the SOWGB.exe not the autorun.exe.

1. SOWGB.exe-right click
2. Troubleshoot compatibility- left click
3. app detects problems
4. Choices are "Try recommended settings","Troubleshoot program"
5. Click Try recommended settings.
If download is not corrupted this should give you a resolution. In my case it fixed the problem
6. Troubleshoot programme may be essential dependent on your operating system,7,8,10 for example or trying "Run as administrator" which is above the Compatibility option here.

The problems I had were with the Original Gettysburg programme. I have the Anniversary version at the moment and run it on OS10. From memory the original one kept giving problems and I had to use the above method to get it working if I wanted to play the game.It played fine once fired up so if you get it to work then Chancellorsville should work too.

remus
tula1959
Reactions:

Post by tula1959 »

Remus - again no joy - same as has been - no effect on anything to fix the problem
:angry: :( :unsure: :dry:
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

Hi tula 1959

That's me out of options sorry about that.If you bought it from matrix and registered the game you might be able to download it again in case it is corrupt. One last thought are you actually opening the game whenever you try the different options. My game doesn't open as full screen but once I open the game it covers the whole screen. Had to ask

remus
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

I still think it's your display. Start up the game, then look around the sides of your monitor and start pressing buttons as you find them, and watch what they do. Your newer games may adjust the monitor automatically, whereas SOW is getting ancient in terms of technology and may need manual adjustments. Like I began my help cycle, you may have bumped something, since all of a sudden the picture size changed, when it was working fine with SOW previously.
Last edited by RebBugler on Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...