Any mod which alters amount of staffers with generals?

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
TheBaymonster
Reactions:

Any mod which alters amount of staffers with generals?

Post by TheBaymonster »

I seem to recall a mod from a while back that increased the staff depending on the rank of the general- i.e. the commander of an army would have about 7 or 8 staff sprites instead of 1. Does anyone remember this?
Davinci
Reactions:

Re: Any mod which alters amount of staffers with generals?

Post by Davinci »

I did a small edit years ago, but it was never a Mod, Is this what you are referring to?

It only applied to the Commander of the Army. If it is, I can post the lines to change.
The attachment 1_2019-02-28.jpg is no longer available
davinci
Attachments
1_2019-02-28.jpg
1_2019-02-28.jpg (559.68 KiB) Viewed 266 times
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
TheBaymonster
Reactions:

Post by TheBaymonster »

I believe that's it, Davinci. If you post the lines I'd appreciate it. I may go ahead and play with it some too.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

I believe that's it, Davinci. If you post the lines I'd appreciate it. I may go ahead and play with it some too.
Ten-Four:

I will post them later tonight after work!

Also - Are you still playing the "Victory at Sea - Pacific" game?

davinci
TheBaymonster
Reactions:

Post by TheBaymonster »

Ten-Four:

I will post them later tonight after work!

Also - Are you still playing the "Victory at Sea - Pacific" game?

davinci
I've stopped for now because I'm waiting on the devs to fix all the bugs. I'm guessing you saw my youtube review (The Warsimmer) of it? How'd you know that was me?! Purty cool!
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

This might not be exactly right, and you may have to play around with it a bit, it's been a while since I modded this game.

** Also, Here are the files from My game just in-case you want to view them.

I use larger than default Graphics, so you might have to play around with the [ E] and [ F] Columns in the ( drills.csv ) file to reduce the space between the units.

Drills.csv

Level 1 Cav Column (59),DRIL_Lvl6_Cav_Column,4,3,20,12,,0,1,0,-10,1,,150,,,,1
(8-8-4-125)3,(8-8-5-5)1,(0-6-1-1)4,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,(0-8-2-120)2,(0-0-5-325)6,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
(0-0-5-150)7,(0-6-3-325)5,(0-0-2-5)8,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
(0-6-2-5)9,,(0-0-6-5)10,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Unitglobal.csv

UGLB_USA_Inf_Cdr_Army,1,,,1,1,USPR_USA_Cdr_01,USPR_USA_Cdr_02,USPR_USA_Cav_01,USPR_USA_Cav_02,USPR_USA_Cav_01,USPR_USA_Cav_02,SFX_Cdr_Walk_1,,SFX_Art_Load_1,SFX_Art_Ready_1,SFX_Cdr_Fire_1,SFX_Cdr_Run_1,SFX_Cdr_Charge_1,SFX_Cdr_Melee_1,SFX_Cdr_Prone_1,USPR_USA_Cav_01,GUI_US_LVL1_Inf,GUI_US_LVL1_Friendly,GUI_US_LVL1_Enemy,DRIL_Lvl3_Inf_LineFight,DRIL_Lvl4_Inf_Reserves

UGLB_CSA_Inf_Cdr_Army,1,,,1,1,USPR_CSA_Cdr_01,USPR_USA_Cav_01,USPR_CSA_Cdr_04,USPR_CSA_Cdr_03,USPR_CSA_Cav_01,USPR_CSA_Cdr_02,SFX_Cdr_Walk_1,,SFX_Art_Load_1,SFX_Art_Ready_1,SFX_Cdr_Fire_1,SFX_Cdr_Run_1,SFX_Cdr_Charge_1,SFX_Cdr_Melee_1,SFX_Cdr_Prone_1,USPR_CSA_Cav_01,GUI_CS_LVL1_Inf,GUI_CS_LVL1_Friendly,GUI_CS_LVL1_Enemy,DRIL_Lvl3_Inf_LineFight,DRIL_Lvl4_Inf_Reserves

OOB - Basically you are only adding a new formation to the Commander, and changing the head count.
Only Columns to edit are the [ R] and the [ S] columns.

Maj Gen George G Meade,Maj Gen George G Meade,Maj Gen George G Meade,Army of the Potomac,1,1,0,0,0,0,UGLB_USA_Inf_Cdr_Army,,(0-0),,0,GFX_US_1C_HQ,,DRIL_Lvl6_Cav_Column,8,6,6,6,6,6,9,,,,,,,,,,

General Robert E Lee,General Robert E Lee,General Robert E Lee,Army of Northern Virginia,2,1,0,0,0,0,UGLB_CSA_Inf_Cdr_Army,,(0-0),,0,GFX_CS_HQ1,,DRIL_Lvl6_Cav_Column,8,6,6,6,6,6,9,,,,,,,,,,

Post Back, any problems.
I've stopped for now because I'm waiting on the devs to fix all the bugs. I'm guessing you saw my youtube review (The Warsimmer) of it? How'd you know that was me?! Purty cool!
Yes, I have seen the video that you posted, spot on!

It's a unique style of WW2 Pacific game play, it has a lot of potential .

I spent several weeks looking at a number of YouTube videos before buying, so I went into it knowing about the bugs and glitches.

I think that it will be a better game when it's all done, but it probably won't be for at least a year.

davinci
Attachments
ExampleFiles.rar
(14.51 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Last edited by Davinci on Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheBaymonster
Reactions:

Post by TheBaymonster »

I've got it all figured out and it works splendidly. Thanks for the info, Davini! Do you know if there is a way to assign specific sprites to the positions in the drills.csv? That way generals can looks different than their subordinates?
The attachment sowgb.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
sowgb.jpg
sowgb.jpg (159.14 KiB) Viewed 266 times
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Do you know if there is a way to assign specific sprites to the positions in the drills.csv? That way generals can looks different than their subordinates?
Yes, the ( Third ) number controls that, it works with the ( unitglobal ) file - Columns [ G - thru - L]

Example :

(0-0-3)2
Tells the Game to "Load" the 3rd Uniform for that Sprite from the UnitGlobal.csv - or Column [ I]
The very last number which is a "2" - is the 2nd Sprite in that formation.

(0-0-4)3
Tells the Game to "Load" the 4th Uniform for that Sprite from the UnitGlobal.csv - or Column [ J]
The very last number which is a "3" - is the 3rd Sprite in that formation.

The Same thing can be done with the Sprites that are in formation - look at how I did it with the infantry from the ( drills ) file that I posted above.

davinci
Last edited by Davinci on Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roy64
Reactions:

Post by roy64 »

Do you know if there is a way to assign specific sprites to the positions in the drills.csv? That way generals can looks different than their subordinates?
Yes, the ( Third ) number controls that, it works with the ( unitglobal ) file - Columns [ G - thru - L]

Example :

(0-0-3)2
Tells the Game to "Load" the 3rd Uniform for that Sprite from the UnitGlobal.csv - or Column [ I]
The very last number which is a "2" - is the 2nd Sprite in that formation.

(0-0-4)3
Tells the Game to "Load" the 4th Uniform for that Sprite from the UnitGlobal.csv - or Column [ J]
The very last number which is a "3" - is the 3rd Sprite in that formation.

The Same thing can be done with the Sprites that are in formation - look at how I did it with the infantry from the ( drills ) file that I posted above.

davinci
Any chance you could make this a mod for the less confident among us.
Leicestershire
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Any chance you could make this a mod for the less confident among us.
The logic behind it not being a Mod is that it might interfere with other Mods, so I try to only Mod my own files.

But, if you would post "Your" drills, unitglobal, and the OOB that you play all the time, I could alter those files which might avoid any conflicts. Also, explain what you want them to do pertaining to which army.

Post them here, and I will try alter them, within the week.

davinci