Any chance for a future SOW: Austerlitz using this game engine?

Let's talk about the issues in converting the SOW engine to handle Waterloo. Ideas, suggestions, feature requests, comments.
Jean Lafitte
Reactions:

Any chance for a future SOW: Austerlitz using this game engine?

Post by Jean Lafitte »

I used to think that it would happen, now, I'm not so sure.
RALB
Reactions:

Re: Any chance for a future SOW: Austerlitz using this game engine?

Post by RALB »

I would buy it in a shot
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

There are no plans to further expand on the SOW game engine. Although its been tweaked, updated, and given a complete overhaul with Waterloo, the base engine is over 10 years old. Any potential new games will use a new engine.
Last edited by Little Powell on Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chichetr
Reactions:

Post by Chichetr »

Speaking about a new game...........after several inquiries over several years at this point we've heard nothing from the dev team.

Is there ANYTHING you can tell us? Is a new game in the works? What kind of game? Me and the other chaps on this forum are absolutely DIE HARD fans of SOW and really, really want to know if there is anything in the pipeline....

Can you humor us....pretty, pretty please?
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Speaking about a new game...........after several inquiries over several years at this point we've heard nothing from the dev team.
Hey, we've given little hints here and there. However, we have always been firm believers in only sharing news when it is 100% set in stone. No potential fake news from NSD.. :)

When we have concrete news to share, believe me you will be the first to hear about it.
FH_Little
Reactions:

Post by FH_Little »

In this day and age of sites like Kickstarter it's a bit disappointing to have NSD being so secretive. An announcement and a Kickstarter page would no doubtfully help fund the next NSD project and at the same time get loyal NSD fans involved.
Jean Lafitte
Reactions:

Post by Jean Lafitte »

Hey, we've given little hints here and there. However, we have always been firm believers in only sharing news when it is 100% set in stone. No potential fake news from NSD.. :)

When we have concrete news to share, believe me you will be the first to hear about it.
I suppose that when and if a "new engine" is developed from the team, the first two games published will cover the battles of Gettysburg and Waterloo? Won't the team be very tempted to cover those two battles because the perception is that they are well-known and sure to sell?