Grognard

A section for Waterloo videos, screenshots and fan art. Post any of your creations here!
J28
Reactions:

Grognard

Post by J28 »

Has anyone seen a video on Grognard difficultly. I can usually now beat the game quite easily on normal difficulty but I made the mistake of trying Grognard and got absolutely smashed to say the least! It probably doesn’t help that I’m using the realistic smoke mod.

Are there many people who can beat the harder scenarios on this difficulty? I would love to see how this is done.
DarkRob
Reactions:

Re: Grognard

Post by DarkRob »

Playing on higher difficulty levels doesn't actually make the AI play any better, or any smarter. It just artificially boosts troop strength/morale/aggressiveness to unrealistically high levels so that whatever troops you are facing is like facing the French Imperial Guard, or even better.

If you want to play HITS, you are better off using custom difficulty to keep the enemy strength/morale/etc etc historically reasonable, while still being able to set the parameters to HITS like in Grognard.

Grognard is ridiculous. Even if your men were armed with M-16's they might still not win.
Last edited by DarkRob on Mon May 20, 2019 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
J28
Reactions:

Re: Grognard

Post by J28 »

Thanks DarkRob that makes me feel better! I guess Grognard is almost impossible then. Thanks for the amazing YouTube videos they were a huge help and made the game a lot more accessible. It would be great if you could do a multiplayer game with commentary at some point but I appreciate they must be a lot of work.

That’s a good idea I will experiment with the custom settings.
Last edited by J28 on Mon May 20, 2019 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.