about Chinese translation

Let's talk about the issues in converting the SOW engine to handle Waterloo. Ideas, suggestions, feature requests, comments.
chee
Reactions:

about Chinese translation

Post by chee »

hi,,devs and game lovers...as you see ,,,,SOWWL is a great game.
I ask devs to offer a method on translating into Chinese,,could u give us ?
thanks very much,,,and it will be good for leting more Chinese learn about SOWWL then
Last edited by chee on Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: about Chinese translation

Post by RebBugler »

I was able to add German to the game without any changes of how the game is coded so I don't see why you couldn't attempt it, or any Chinese speaking person with a solid working knowledge of English, Italian, French, or German.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Never mind...

Did a quick test mod to see if the game could handle Chinese characters, and it won't. So coding would have to be applied, probably on a grand scale to adjust European fonts to Chinese characters. Too bad, a Chinese version of the game would indeed be a boom for Waterloo popularity, not to mention sales.

I was looking for this translation: 分裂营
The attachment ChineseLanguageTest.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
ChineseLanguageTest.jpg
ChineseLanguageTest.jpg (363.42 KiB) Viewed 869 times
Last edited by RebBugler on Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
mitra76
Reactions:

Post by mitra76 »

Currently mygui support unicode 8 and ANSI for sure; i think also unicode 16 which should support all the chinese chracters (at least the simplified system). I think what is missing are the fonts ttf in mygui (I tried using an utf8 or chinese simplified charset but have a white space, so I think the real problem is to have a ttf with chinese characters to use in the relevant layouts. Chee if you have one we can use, we can do a test.
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/
chee
Reactions:

Post by chee »

thanks...one friend has achieved CHN translation,and I did later ,,,now rest problem is where to find the key word FROM / TO / Your sincerely...its position ?
most content of the courier is Chinese except the above words.
chee
Reactions:

Post by chee »

By the way ,the SP option buttons font size is smaller than Main menu 's ...any methods adjust?
the default font and default generated font,,any difference in controling the SOWWL UI font ?
chee
Reactions:

Post by chee »

thanks very much....now my friend and I make it work ! Of course add new font....
I see your Austrian army,seems not in official version,is it KS mod ? look nicer
mitra76
Reactions:

Post by mitra76 »

Happy to hear it worked a very good new; can you attach some screenshots to see the effect? Can your friend explain all the passages he did, in order to create a vademecum for other modders? thanks

The austrian I think are in the KS and in Les Cent Jours mod, I don't remember other mods in this moment
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/
chee
Reactions:

Post by chee »

yeah,methods is to add new font which support CHN and edit some xml files,like font.xml ,SOWWL font.xml,SOWWL setting.xml,etc.All files added into a new mod ,same instructure like in BASE 's Language folder.

The Austrian look nicer than the one in KS mod
Tsukigin
Reactions:

Post by Tsukigin »

Happy to hear it worked a very good new; can you attach some screenshots to see the effect? Can your friend explain all the passages he did, in order to create a vademecum for other modders? thanks

The austrian I think are in the KS and in Les Cent Jours mod, I don't remember other mods in this moment
I will explain what I have done after After the translation is completed. XD
It works pretty well now but I can't find North,South,East,West In message box...Also I can't find the "From:" "To:"etc at the beginning and the end of the letter.

Some parts that use the .png font can't be displayed correctly. I don't know if I can change these font to ttf.
Attachments
20190731032558_1.jpg
20190731032558_1.jpg (139.28 KiB) Viewed 869 times
20190804163714_1.jpg
20190804163714_1.jpg (198.62 KiB) Viewed 869 times
20190803161635_1.jpg
20190803161635_1.jpg (173.4 KiB) Viewed 869 times
Last edited by Tsukigin on Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.