hi,about OOB control

Let's talk about the issues in converting the SOW engine to handle Waterloo. Ideas, suggestions, feature requests, comments.
chee
Reactions:

hi,about OOB control

Post by chee »

I am doing translating work on SOWWL recently.It is nice to chnage most text palce into my home tongue CHN.
But I have found that OOBNames.xml edited,,but OOB in sandbox game,,I find it is a former verson including old errors.So
how I translate OOB steady then ?
It is like OOB text is temp file which record my last OOB version.I cannot change the contents by editing the OOBNames.xml
file.
But it did work before,so how I do ?
file position:
I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Scourge of War Waterloo\Mods\CN support mod\Layout\Media\Language

pic here:

The attachment screen00011.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
screen00011.jpg
screen00011.jpg (192.45 KiB) Viewed 934 times
Last edited by chee on Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mitra76
Reactions:

Re: hi,about OOB control

Post by mitra76 »

OOBNames.xml usually takes the original as primary and add in queue the new tags found in the mod version, so it can be very randomic if managed like you're trying; so or you insert in your mod all the oob and change the id of units with new one and tag these in the xml of your mod, or, if you added the chinese as language in the file SOWWLLanguage.xml you specify a different file xml at place of oobnames.xml
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/
chee
Reactions:

Re: hi,about OOB control

Post by chee »

it is ok now. I have corrected the xml Format and make it is same with original OOB file.
when the Tag names error it wont show anything.now oob is fully translated into CN and ok.