True Ground Maps - Gettysburg - The Big Picture

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: 'True Ground' - Devil's Den Map - The Big Picture

Post by RebBugler »

More on the post by solid shot...

To be clear, this mod doesn't need the mod 'True Ground SR1' to be activated when using the 'TC2M SOW Infantry Mod' to play standard scenarios and OOBs, to the contrary, it shouldn't be or it will mess up officer portrait assignments. However, this mod does need for the mod 'True Ground SR1' to be downloaded to make the mod 'TC2M SOW Infantry SR1' available. 'TC2M SOW Infantry SR1' can then be used with this mod, since it's primary role is to reduce the TC2M sprites to the True Ground scale.

Bottom line, solid shot's issue was that the TC2M sprites weren't reduced because the 'TC2M SOW Infantry SR1' mod wasn't activated. And, 'True Ground SR1' should only be activated exclusively for SR1 play.

Probably clear as mud for some, my communication skills are always a WIP. :unsure:
Last edited by RebBugler on Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Jolly
Reactions:

Post by Jolly »

Maybe a picture helps to make things a bit clearer?

Here's my Mods list for 'True Ground' which works fine for me.
The attachment tmp_2020-01-20.jpg is no longer available
David(jolly)
Attachments
tmp_2020-01-20.jpg
tmp_2020-01-20.jpg (174.76 KiB) Viewed 644 times
Last edited by Jolly on Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
solid shot
Reactions:

Post by solid shot »

yep that fixed it,thank's Reb and Jolly that mod order made it very clear.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Update version 1.7

- All the GB stock scenarios included in 'True Ground' have been upgraded with TG End Screens...Showing victory criteria, scenario name, difficulty level played, and the Confederate End Screen when appropriate.

Now, when folks post a memorable battle 'End Screen', all they need to add are a :( , :) or :evil: , since the detailed 'End Screen' identifies the scenario and displays the result. Just to be clear, sharing angst or boasting are still acceptable.
MarkT
Reactions:

Post by MarkT »

Reb,
The "re scaling of the contours was long overdue. The map that Eric used was "pre-technology". When I created mine, I mistakenly used the same one. I am glad you went in and did this. I considered redoing this, but had too much on my plate. - Nice
Mark S. Tewes
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Reb,
The "re scaling of the contours was long overdue. The map that Eric used was "pre-technology". When I created mine, I mistakenly used the same one. I am glad you went in and did this. I considered redoing this, but had too much on my plate. - Nice
Yeah, thanks, but Crikey gets credit for the contour fixes, I just pointed out the issues of the exaggerated terrain elevations. No blame on Eric's part for sure though, he was dealing with '12 foot tall' sprites on maps scaled for 'four to one' sprite ratio.
Last edited by RebBugler on Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

'True Ground' - Devil's Den Map - The Big Picture

Post by RebBugler »

Version 1.9 Update - April 2, 2020
- Edited the unitpack.csv file
- Added End Screens from True Ground SR1 used by GB2 scenarios 11-23
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Version 1.9 Update - April 2, 2020
- Edited the unitpack.csv file
- Added End Screens from True Ground SR1 used by GB2 scenarios 11-23
Important reminder...

Make sure you have this update installed before using the next update of 'True Ground SR1' - Scenarios & OOBs. The next update, coming soon, will eliminate the End Screens from 'True Ground SR1' used by GB2 scenarios 11-23. This is necessary to keep 'True Ground SR1' under 5000kb for attachment purposes. Since 'True Ground SR1' must be played with this mod, this appears the best solution for expanding 'True Ground SR1' and sharing its bulk with this 'True Ground Map' mod.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Version 2.1 Update - May 21, 2020
- Added End Screens from True Ground SR1 used by GB2 scenarios 04-10

Important reminder...

Make sure you have this update installed before using the next update of 'True Ground SR1' - Scenarios & OOBs. The next update, coming soon, will eliminate the End Screens from 'True Ground SR1' used by GB2 scenarios 04-10. This is necessary to keep 'True Ground SR1' under 5000kb for attachment purposes. Since 'True Ground SR1' must be played with this mod, this appears the best solution for expanding 'True Ground SR1' and sharing its bulk with this 'True Ground Map' mod.
Last edited by RebBugler on Thu May 21, 2020 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Version 2.3 Update - June 25, 2020

- Added End Screens from 'True Ground SR1' used by GB2 scenarios 08,01,02,03,15R,15R2,17R
- End time and troop numbers, beginning and ending, added to the End Screen 'end game' statistics of all TG scenarios

Important reminder...

Make sure you have this update installed before using the next update of 'True Ground SR1' - Scenarios & OOBs. The next update, coming soon, will eliminate the End Screens from 'True Ground SR1' used by GB2 scenarios 08, 01, 02, 03, 15R, 15R2, &17R. This is necessary to keep 'True Ground SR1' under 5000kb for attachment purposes. Since 'True Ground SR1' must be played with this mod, this appears the best solution for expanding 'True Ground SR1' and sharing its bulk with this 'True Ground Map' mod.