Mod Les Cent Jours v.1.1 - released

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
Davinci
Reactions:

Re: Mod Les Cent Jours v.1.1 - released

Post by Davinci »

So, it is "NOT" a single fence, but a fence mixed in with a building, correct?

I don't see a single file named "D_Fence.tga" in any of those files.

Also, a fence file should have a lod.pro also, but I'm not sure since I couldn't load that single fence.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
montecristo1981
Reactions:

Post by montecristo1981 »

But I gained about 12-15 fps by re-engineering the entire vegetation drawing system...
And then losing at least 5 for a situation like this, believe me, that's a thing that really eat you!
Ehhhh...any chance of that reengineering becoming a mod? A rengineered veg drawing mod would be very popular and useful. With veg off i get good framerates, but FPS nearly halves when its turned on.
r59
Reactions:

Post by r59 »

But I gained about 12-15 fps by re-engineering the entire vegetation drawing system...
And then losing at least 5 for a situation like this, believe me, that's a thing that really eat you!
Ehhhh...any chance of that reengineering becoming a mod? A rengineered veg drawing mod would be very popular and useful. With veg off i get good framerates, but FPS nearly halves when its turned on.
I'll certainly try to do my best to make it happen. ;)
But for a variety of reasons, I'd prefer to see this passing through Norb's approval first, if possible.
So a little more patience, please.
Sadly it looks like my chances are forever bound to start from a pretty low "baseline" here with the NSD guys.
If only because it often turns out I can't/couldn't be persuasive enough or even just well understood when it comes to do that in English.
But hey, let's not hijack the poor LCJ mod thread... :S
Last edited by r59 on Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
r59
Reactions:

Post by r59 »

So, it is "NOT" a single fence, but a fence mixed in with a building, correct?

I don't see a single file named "D_Fence.tga" in any of those files.

Also, a fence file should have a lod.pro also, but I'm not sure since I couldn't load that single fence.

davinci
Hi Dav.
It's several fences entities close to each other.
I think the d_fence object uses d_mixed.dds as texture.
I can't load it either with the old version of PRO editor.
Unfortunately I don't own the latest version of the tool.
You don't either, right?
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Hi Dav.
It's several fences entities close to each other.
I think the d_fence object uses d_mixed.dds as texture.
I can't load it either with the old version of PRO editor.
Unfortunately I don't own the latest version of the tool.
You don't either, right?
Yes, I think that is does use the ( d_mixed.dds ) which is 1024KB.

The other picket fences are ( 33 KB ) - so that wouldn't be too much of a hit of the FPS.

But, if I remember correctly, the default fences were something like 1024 KB , but were tga files.

No, I have never been able to use the [ ProEdit] tool, I have always used a [ Hex-Editor] to change the default fences by changing the name and the Graphic, but keeping the original ( .pro ) and the ( pro.lod )files.

But, to whom ever did do those Graphic file, the Graphics are very good, so My Compliments.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
r59
Reactions:

Post by r59 »

Hi guys.
As a consequence of the Coronavirus situation, caveman mode got the upper hand and I ended up writing my personal branch for the static geometry visualization code (plus lot of bugfixing on the new vegetation system and the Reshade's integration, added fog, fading, etc.).
It's still a big mess at the moment and very very far from being fast and well-structured as I wished.
But I gave up any hope the actual PowerRender code could handle mid-/hi-polys models (or several instances of them) like the Crikey's D_fence.pro I pointed out a couple of weeks ago.
It choked my old CPU beyond any reasonable measure and there was little to be saved, really.
Now I'm going halt a moment and trying to clarify myself about what should I ask NSD - or whether it's even appropriate to bother while another title's development is likely ongoing - to the purpose of making this useful somehow for the Scourge of War series gaming communities.
I'm following and cheering with the utmost admiration since the MMG forum times, all of them really, the official ones, the KS mod people, DarkRob's YT channel, etc.
But when Norb (years ago) asked me something to show him off, I realized I brought little to no contributions here.
Altought it's so damn late, I'm still hoping to address this. :)
I attach one last teaser video in the meantime.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i90sKmF ... e=youtu.be
Cheers to all of you.
Last edited by r59 on Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

Hey Mitra,

I was wondering if you guys have any further plans going forward for Les Cent Jours? I think I remember you saying in one my video comments that there was going to be a part 2 to the Bloody Morning scenario?

Or if you had any plans to do any further battles?

I was a big fan of Les Cent Jours, I actually thought it was the most well done of all the Waterloo series, so obviously, I would love to see more from you guys, no matter what it is.
Karle
Reactions:

Post by Karle »

Perhaps someone can help me with this. I unzipped the file and put it in the MOD folder. I then checked it where one can select mods. However, when I then go into the game I have only the usual scenarios and battles from SOW Waterloo. I must be missing a step. Would someone help me with this. Thank you.

Karle
Biondo
Reactions:

Post by Biondo »

Hi karle,

Scenarios are all in the user scenario menu, they're are named LS01, 02 and so on
Karle
Reactions:

Post by Karle »

Biondo,

Thank you for your answer.

I discovered the problem. When I extracted the file it put everything in a new folder named lescent-jours. Thus, when I put this in the mod folder the lescent jours folder was in a second layer of folder with the same name and so did not work. I fixed this and now it works perfectly.

Thank you.

Karle