Mod Les Cent Jours v.1.1 - released

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
jlan5031
Reactions:

Re: Mod Les Cent Jours v.1.1 - released

Post by jlan5031 »

I did some investigating. It's not the game; it's my computer. Thanks for your time.
jlan5031
Reactions:

Post by jlan5031 »

I'm back again.
The problem was with a NVIDIA update. All my games are working again but Waterloo. I think it has to do with the File Manager.
Before I realized the graphics problem, I monkeyed (in the true sense of the word) with I found it in the game folder and got rid of it. I figured once it was gone, I could replace it with the File Manager folder in the Cent download.
So what, exactly do I do with the File Manager folder? I open it; I unzip the file;
1. I find "requirements text," open it what 4.7.2 of.Net Framework." I don't know where, what or how of it.
2. Next I find "setup.exe." Does that replace the current setup.exe in my game folder?
3. Thirdly, "Setup.msi." What does it do, and where does it go?
4. I unzip SOWWL_Manager. and The Cent.. folder appears with the SOWWL folder inside that.

I'm no longer sure what I should do. What I have done in place the uzipped Cent folder in the games'"Mods" folder.
What happens is the game starts. I appears as the Cent... version. I activate it and proceed to open the first scenario from the Sandlot, select an Austrian division. It opens. About 20 seconds later, the game crashes.
None of this was a problem. As you might surmised, I've confused myself.
What should I do? I would be grateful for your help.
mitra76
Reactions:

Post by mitra76 »

The subdirectory SOWWL_Manager contains sthe carryover software, is irrelevant for play the mod, ignore the files inside. Check the SOWWL.log file inside the game directory under documents after a crash, usually the reasons for crash appear here.
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/
FightingWarez
Reactions:

Post by FightingWarez »

I am getting a CTD with every attempt to get a sandbox campaign launched with the LCJ mod activated and attempting to use that OOB for the campaign. This is happening with no other mods activated. Anyone else experiencing this issue? Any suggestions if you are not experiencing the issue? Thank you in advance.
FightingWarez
Reactions:

Post by FightingWarez »

I am getting a CTD with every attempt to get a sandbox campaign launched with the LCJ mod activated and attempting to use that OOB for the campaign. This is happening with no other mods activated. Anyone else experiencing this issue? Any suggestions if you are not experiencing the issue? Thank you in advance.
I thought I would further clarify: It appears that the Sandbox Campaign engine is unhappy with some of the new Austrian formations. Here is a portion of the log file:

08:00:00 ----------------loading: GFX_WUR_ArtTrain_01m_Walk
08:00:00 ----------------loading: GFX_WUR_ArtTrain_01m_Stand
08:00:00 ----------------loading: GFX_WUR_ArtTrain_01m_Run
08:00:00 Formation not found: DRIL_Lvl4_Inf_Div_Col_Btn_AU
08:00:00 BAD FORMATION ID: -1
08:00:00 Formation not found: DRIL_Lvl4_Inf_Div_Col_Btn_AU

Have others experienced this when attempting the LCJ OOB in the Sandbox Campaign mode? Thank you in advance.
mitra76
Reactions:

Post by mitra76 »

I'm not sure but I think the sandbox campaign part of game doesn't read the mod drills file, so it cannot see the new formations of austrian
Chichetr
Reactions:

Post by Chichetr »

I have 1.0, how do we download 1.1? Do we replace all files for 1.0 and replace with 1.1 or?
mitra76
Reactions:

Post by mitra76 »

delete the old one and insert the new version
FightingWarez
Reactions:

Post by FightingWarez »

I'm not sure but I think the sandbox campaign part of game doesn't read the mod drills file, so it cannot see the new formations of austrian
Thank you Mitra and sorry for the late reply (internet issues). Keep us posted if any solutions arise - would love to use this corps in an Allied sandbox campaign!

Thank you for all of your efforts in bringing LCJ - I love the maps and the new allied OOBs - gorgeous maps!

Warez
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

Ive started uploading the videos for the full battles of Le Souffel. The French version is first and part 1 is already up. Mitra, I really have to say, you and your mod team really out did yourselves here. The Les Cent Jours scenarios are some of the most well crafted scenarios out of all the SOW Waterloo series, and this one felt like the crowning achievement of them all. It kept even me on my toes the whole time, not an easy thing to do with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd3nxGBXQPQ&t=4s