Right clicking produces inconsistent response

Any technical questions for Waterloo go here!
Buford_119
Reactions:

Right clicking produces inconsistent response

Post by Buford_119 »

I am noticing an issue with the right-click to move functionality in SOWWL. This option does not work consistently for the player's officer ("Me"), with (in some cases) a period of complete non-responsiveness followed by several "good" clicks. There does not appear to be any relation to the facing of the officer, or whether they have been previously given a move order.

Does anyone have any advice on this?
Biondo
Reactions:

Re: Right clicking produces inconsistent response

Post by Biondo »

Hi Buford, are you playing with the camera close to your character? Or in Grognard difficulty setting?
r59
Reactions:

Post by r59 »

Might it be related to this?
Last edited by r59 on Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Martin James
Reactions:

Post by Martin James »

I do sympathise, Buford.

3 years ago I experienced exactly this problem. None of my fellow gaming friends had it, and none of us could understand what caused it. I should say that GB worked perfectly on the same desktop PC.

I spent months trying to get it to work, including dowloading and reinstalling the game multiple times, but it made no difference. In the end, I just gave up on Waterloo.

About a year later I bought a laptop, installed Waterloo on that, and it worked fine. Without much hope, I tried copying that version over to my desktop, and that now worked fine too!

I am not tech-savvy and have no idea why this spproach worked for me, But it may be worth a try for you, if you can find a spare pc.

Martin J
Last edited by Martin James on Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.