'True Ground SR1' - Scenarios & OOBs

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
pag
Reactions:

Re: 'True Ground SR1' - Scenarios & OOBs

Post by pag »

I’ve been having a lot of fun with the “True Ground” mods. They really open up the map and battles flow in a realistic way.

FYI for anyone interested in SP play using HITS and the courier dispatch screen. Initially I had a problem with message dispatches with these mods . I would send a message, it would reach my subordinate commander and then stop. i.e. Messages where not being passed through to the next step in the subordinate chain. It seems this problem is related to a “time stamp bug” that was reported on these forums in the past. Fortunately, there’s a simple solution: On your first order using the courier screen, click on the Date & Time tab at the top of the courier screen. Then write and send off your message as usual.

GB1-03btn_July1-Early vs Barlow (C-Div) Brig.General Gordon sends his Brigade (n~1800) towards Blocher’s (Barlow) Knoll after receiving this Single dispatch from me (Early). It’s quite some programming feat to be able to move all of these regiments with only a single dispatch to one commander. You also feel an immersive feeling of power that RL commanders must have felt by issuing a single order.
dispatch.jpg
dispatch.jpg (60.38 KiB) Viewed 158 times
Gordon2.jpg
Gordon2.jpg (1.33 MiB) Viewed 158 times
pag
Reactions:

Re: 'True Ground SR1' - Scenarios & OOBs

Post by pag »

How difficult is it change or alter buildings / structures on this “True Ground” map? Is it possible? Where can I learn how to ?

I actually visited the area shown in the screenshot above last week and impressed by how much better the terrain is depicted. I’ve been tweaking some scenarios to match the historic units and their movements as depicted in Bradley Gottfried’s: “The Maps of Gettysburg”