Crashing Waterloo

Any technical questions for Waterloo go here!
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Crashing Waterloo

Post by RebBugler »

Hi Folks:

I checked Expanded ToolbarVIII - Grog (i), and unchecked everything else (not deleted), on the Mod screen. Problem still unsolved. Right oblique, Left Oblique, line hold, charge, advance when engaged and many other buttons don't show up. Incredible.

Is version 8.5 grog bar the same as Expanded Toolbar VIII?
This is an intuitive toolbar that hides buttons when they are not applicable. For example, when the unit is not engaged, the Charge, Withdraw, Advance and Retreat buttons are hidden. Also, some buttons, when clicked, popup a menu with more options, formations, oblique movements, etc. And of course, the toolbar differs as to unit level.

To find the 'Expanded Toolbar VIII' version click on its name in Modifications. On the right side of the Modifications window is the mod's Info screen. The version number is identified here.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

This is an intuitive toolbar that hides buttons when they are not applicable. For example, when the unit is not engaged, the Charge, Withdraw, Advance and Retreat buttons are hidden. Also, some buttons, when clicked, popup a menu with more options, formations, oblique movements, etc. And of course, the toolbar differs as to unit level.
OMG imagine if its been this the whole time?? Lol. Sometimes I forget how long I've been playing this game and how much I just take for granted. It's been a long time since I was a new player and I guess I sometimes assume a level of knowledge of any given player that perhaps I shouldnt.

Kudos for thinking all the way back to square one Reb.
Last edited by DarkRob on Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
massena
Reactions:

Post by massena »

Hi:

There is no information when I click on the Expanded Toolbar VIII so I don't know what version I have.

Buttons that are applicable to combat appear in the context menu only, and the contest menu appears only when the enemy and friendly units are in physical contact, or practically so. Impossible to plan ahead.

I'm getting a sinking feeling here...
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

Hi:

There is no information when I click on the Expanded Toolbar VIII so I don't know what version I have.

Buttons that are applicable to combat appear in the context menu only, and the contest menu appears only when the enemy and friendly units are in physical contact, or practically so. Impossible to plan ahead.

I'm getting a sinking feeling here...
I said before, you have to disable the context menu, it isnt used with the grog toolbar.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

The attachment Modifications.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
Modifications.jpg
Modifications.jpg (357.5 KiB) Viewed 837 times
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

For what it's worth Reb, I just downloaded 8.5 and ran through the first half hour or so of the Heroes Of Strasbourg. All the buttons are there, all the combat mechanics seem to be working fine. Granted it was just a quick run through, but everything seems to be working right.
massena
Reactions:

Post by massena »

Nothing like that appears on my screen.
massena
Reactions:

Post by massena »

I disabled the context menu and it's even worse. I cannot engage in any kind of combat I choose, only the AI has that capacity. What a mess.
massena
Reactions:

Post by massena »

FYI, I deleted from the the Mod everything but the grog bar.
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

I disabled the context menu and it's even worse. I cannot engage in any kind of combat I choose, only the AI has that capacity. What a mess.
Im sorry man, but I need to see what you're talking about. What you're saying doesn't make any sense. Can you post a screenshot of one of your units engaged with an enemy unit while you're clicked on your unit. I need to see what the Grog toolbar looks like for you, because I downloaded 8.5 from the same link you did and its working fine for me.

Or even better if you have a youtube account, a short video showing what happens when you engage the enemy would be even more helpful. I just need to see it, because your descriptions make no sense to me.
Last edited by DarkRob on Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.