New computer built now SOW won't boot

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Chichetr
Reactions:

Post by Chichetr »

Hey guys,

I built myself a shiny new computer and downloaded all of my SOW files to the new PC....now they won't even open. I click on the icon and I get the black box and it immediately CTD.

Can someone please help? Was hoping to play the new ground mods today in honor of the 2nd day of Gettysburg!
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

You can't copy the files between computers to get the game to work...It must be installed. If you haven't, register your games with Matrix, here's the link:
http://www.matrixgames.com/members/

Once registered, you can download and install any of your registered games as needed. No problem with Mods, simply copy/paste between devices.

Didn't even think about this being the 2nd Day of Gettysburg anniversary...Duh :S
Just been featuring this date, July 2nd, in the TG scenarios for months...and not a thought as to its arrival. Anyway, thanks for the reminder, maybe next year I'll feature something on this date...If my mind doesn't slip too far. :ohmy:
Last edited by RebBugler on Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Chichetr
Reactions:

Post by Chichetr »

You are the man, thank you so much Reb!!!!

I do have Matrix dashboard and see all of my SOW games there. Not sure if I'm registered or not? 1.6 is the latest game, right?

So I should just fresh install and see what happens?
Chichetr
Reactions:

Post by Chichetr »

That did it reb!!! A fresh install was all I needed!

God I LOVE those "True Ground" scenarios!

With the new computer I have it's insane. I have a 3950x with 32gigs of RAM, 2080ti graphics card.

I pumped everything up to "best" and the game looks beautiful. Is there anything else I can pump up to get the best looking game. There were a few notes I saw that "lower this if you have a slow computer"....if I increase those values what would happen?
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Good to hear we got you up and running, and, about your new rig. Thanks for the 'True Ground' promo, it means a lot considering the time and effort put into it.

No routes to make the game perform or play better, other than mods, that I know of. It's based on the 32 bit system, so can't take advantage of many 64 bit performance advantages of modern computers. Still, the better the rig, the better it performs, I know this for a fact since getting my new computer last year.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...