Strategic Waypoints and Orders at the Division Level

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
TheBaymonster
Reactions:

Strategic Waypoints and Orders at the Division Level

Post by TheBaymonster »

While I know that issuing waypoints are a possibility for regiments, using the CTRL button, is it in any way possible to order waypoints at a more strategic level? For instance, let's say you are commanding a division at the start of a sandbox game. Is there any way to call up the order map via the "n" key, or use the couriers, and instruct one of your brigades to FIRST move to a map point south of the objective, and THEN move to the objective itself? This function would be great for setting up flanking attacks or pincers, and it may exist but I am unaware.

Secondly, I am curious on how you choose to go about giving orders at a divisional and up level. Personally, I have found that setting a stance (i.e. probe) and then directing the subordinate commander to the staging area of where he should begin the attack works way better than setting his objective at the actual objective marker itself. While the second method seems more intuitive, in my experience, doing so tends to make the commander run straight into the enemy lines ahead of his troops and gets himself killed.

Apologies if I'm in the wrong forum or it's been brought up before. Posted here because a lot of the other subforums appear dead. Thanks in advance.