WISHLIST - Napoleonic Wars

MarkT
Reactions:

Re:WISHLIST - Napoleonic Wars

Post by MarkT »

Badger wrote:
Austria & Russia would be silly for a Waterloo game :D

If squares are in, a decent mod on the napoleonic era should deff be possible immho.

cheers
B
Well so would Waterloo without the Dutch, Belgians, Nassau, Brunswickers, Hannover, Scots, and the local livestock... :lol:
Mark S. Tewes
Von_Clausewitz
Reactions:

Post by Von_Clausewitz »

I do not really care if it is an official release or a mod, but napoleonic wars with your engine would be phenomenal. It is true like norb said that napoleonic wars might take mroe effort and a lot of changes but believe me it will be very worth your while. There are a lot of napsters (and i do not mean the music shareware) out there would pay big bucks for such a game.

Speaking of mods, does anyone have the napoleonic mod that was started for TC2M? i had t but then i redownloaded the game and now cannot find it online. I found Horse and musket but it did not seem to include napoleonic wars, only the american independence wars.

VC
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

I don't know if it was ever finished. I remember reading a lot about it and even commenting in the thread with the announcement. But I don't remember seeing it finished.

Now this game would be more moddable for Nap than previous ones. But you really need 3 army support to do everything right. We should have the ability to do the square formation in the game, but from my experience working on Waterloo at Breakaway, I am certain that it will not behave correctly in gameplay.

It is hard to determine what we will do next. Jim and I talk about it almost every time we get on the phone. I don't like to get too far a head. When it comes to the wins and losses, we do not even have 1 win yet (NSD has not shipped any games). So until we have our first win, we can't speculate on what will come next.
Von_Clausewitz
Reactions:

Post by Von_Clausewitz »

Thank you norb for the answer.

I did not understand what everyone meant by your experiecne of Waterloo, but then i googled the game Waterloo and Breakaway and i found the game you were talking about. Although at the time these games were released i was living in Lebanon and had not heard of them, i downloaded the demo of the game Austerlitz made by the same company and it seems like it was a hell of a game for its time.
Well let's hope Gettysberg is a success and that your next title is Napoleonic wars.

VC