GB OOB

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Joshua l.Chamberlain
Reactions:

GB OOB

Post by Joshua l.Chamberlain »

For those who were on the MMG forums you may have seen something like this before called the MMG OOB or in this case the GB OOB where members on this site choose a command they wish to have and they receive it (if it hasn't been taken) if you are a brigade commander you can choose what regiments you want in your brigade or what you want your brigade to be called. so post on this thread what command you want to have.
Corps
Division
Brigade
Battery
or if you don't care where you want to be.
cavalry
artillery
infantry
The MMG OOB
JC Edwards wrote:
History of the MMG OOB

The MMG OOB was not orginated by myself, but MMG Forum member Conhugeco. The inspiration for this OOB was from an generic OOB created by Froum member 122nd Ohio (those who have the MMG OOB would know him well as AoP Officer Buckeye Buck JH). His OOB had both Armies at equal numbers of unit/artillery and attributes - with each army being somewhere around 100,000 men.
Conhugeco decided it would be a great idea to create an OOB with the names of Forum member's as the Commanding Officer's and set everything equal for all as well like in 122nd Ohio's OOB.
In the beggining, since there were only about 20 of us he placed everybody according to their 'talents' as officer's in command based in part on the now defunct MMG Scenario contests. Norb and Adam, since being the creators of the game were overall Army Commander's of the AoP and ANV respectfully. Each Army at that time was one Corps with 3 Divisons. Phantom Captain was immediately promoted to Maj. Gen in Command of the AoP and myself as Lt. Gen in Command of the ANV ( PC, FYI, was also the one that gave me my MMG OOB moniker "The Mad One" or "The Mad Man" ;) ).
After the innitial release, Conhugeco thought it would a good idea to create a 2nd OOB since the first had gained some interest from other Forum member's that were not in the original. But due to time restaints and personal matter's he could not finish it - that's where yours truly took the reigns and continued the MMG OOB tradition.

I made the decision to revamp everything and change attributes, troop/brigade sizes and so on. With the 2nd OOB I added a 4th Divison for each Army and was able to 'enlist' a whole new crop of Forum Member's. It was with this OOB I started to place member's according to their senority in the MMG Community and some by personal request.

With the creation of the 3rd MMG OOB I created a 2nd Corps for each Army and quickly filled the command slots. Then, this past winter and spring I created what would be the final MMG OOB's: MMG OOB 4 and the MMG OOB Elite. :)
These OOB's were sigificant in the fact that both Norb and Adam went on to the 'promotion's' of Secretary's of War for each Army and with myself and PC becoming the Overall Commander's of our respective Armies.

It has been a wonderful opportunity for me to carry on this tradition in the time we had and I hope to carry it onto the new game as well here at NSD.

with regards

The Mad One
Last edited by Joshua l.Chamberlain on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There stands Jackson like a stone wall! Let us be determined to die here and we will conquer!"
-Brig.Gen. Bernard Bee, Henry House
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re:GB OOB

Post by Little Powell »

I dont see why not. And it would be fun to be able to play as yourself in MP. :)
Joshua l.Chamberlain
Reactions:

I personally think I should take charge of a artillery regiment I believe my person has advanced beyond the rank of 2nd Lt. in the 50+ battles I've done with him.
"There stands Jackson like a stone wall! Let us be determined to die here and we will conquer!"
Joshua l.Chamberlain
Reactions:

Well then I guess GB OOB is officially started I will tipe our all the corps and divisions then we can fill them in with members names of what they want and I'll send it to Norb for him to set aside to make after the game.

So begin with your requested I'll try my best to keep up with em also I forgot to mention this is a whole new army so your men are not goin to be the best in the buissness like on MMG. Its a green army.
Last edited by Joshua l.Chamberlain on Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joshua l.Chamberlain
Reactions:

Ok this is the formation so far for the Union army I can shape it and rename brigades and so on as needed.
Army of the Northern Virginia:
I Corps:
1st Division:
1st Brigade:
2nd Brigade:
3rd Brigade:
1st Battery:
2nd Battery:
2nd Division:
1st Brigade:
2nd Brigade:
3rd Brigade:
1st Battery:
2nd Battery:
3rd Division:
1st Brigade:
2nd Brigade:
3rd Brigade:
1st Battery:
2nd Battery:
II Corps:
1st Division:
1st Brigade:
2nd Brigade:
1st Battery:
2nd Battery:
3rd Battery:
2nd Division:
1st Brigade:
2nd Brigade:
3rd Brigade:
1st Battery:
2nd Battery:
3rd Division:
1st Brigade:
2nd Brigade:
3rd Brigade:
1st Battery:
2nd Battery:
Last edited by Joshua l.Chamberlain on Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stone Wall Jackson
Reactions:

Post by Stone Wall Jackson »

Dibbs on 1st Division! Im no Corps, or Army commander.
Joshua l.Chamberlain
Reactions:

Brig.Gen. "Stone Wall" Jackson
Assume command of 1st Division, I Corps, Army of the Northern Virginia (GB)

J.L. Chamberlain
War Department
Last edited by Joshua l.Chamberlain on Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Armchair General
Reactions:

Post by Armchair General »

Seeing as how this progresses, I'm interested in 1st Corps, Army of the Potomac.
Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure.
Joshua l.Chamberlain
Reactions:

Maj.Gen. Armchair General
You are to report to I Corps, Army of the Potomac (GB)

J.L. Chamberlain
War Department
Joshua l.Chamberlain
Reactions:

Army of the Potomac
I Corps:
1st Division:
1st Brigade:
2nd Brigade:
3rd Brigade:
1st Battery:
2nd Battery:
2nd Division:
1st Brigade:
2nd Brigade:
3rd Brigade:
1st Battery:
2nd Battery:
3rd Division:
1st Brigade:
2nd Brigade:
3rd Brigade:
1st Battery:
2nd Battery:
II Corps:
1st Division:
1st Brigade:
2nd Brigade:
1st Battery:
2nd Battery:
3rd Battery:
2nd Division:
1st Brigade:
2nd Brigade:
3rd Brigade:
1st Battery:
2nd Battery:
3rd Division:
1st Brigade:
2nd Brigade:
3rd Brigade:
1st Battery:
2nd Battery:
For now.