Favorite Brigade to Use?

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
JReynolds
Reactions:

Favorite Brigade to Use?

Post by JReynolds »

For MP what Brigade will you all be using? If you are a major general, what will your favorite division to use be?
Early918
Reactions:

Re: Favorite Brigade to Use?

Post by Early918 »

On the brigade level I would use the Stonewall Brigade, which I believe was commanded by james walker at Gettysburg, and on the divisional level would use Early's Division (hence the username).
DrMike1997
Reactions:

Re:Favorite Brigade to Use?

Post by DrMike1997 »

Not sure the stonewall bgde will be that popular in this game. By Gettysburg
it was down to shadow of its former self.
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

I'll probably spend a good bit of time commanding Brooke's brigade in Caldwell's division of Hancock's 2nd Corp. My old reenactment unit (53rd PVI) was a part of that brigade and I've spent many a day doing volunteer cleanup work along the brigade monument line in Rose Woods. It was Brooke's brigade that inflicted the Confederate casualties shown in the famous Rose farm photos.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
Armchair General
Reactions:

Post by Armchair General »

At brigade command, I'll be using the Irish without a doubt. Like the Stonewall Brigade, they had been reduced to a shadow of its former self, but damn were they still good. At division level I'll take Caldwell's First Division, Second Corps.
Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure.
JReynolds
Reactions:

Post by JReynolds »

If I am fighting for the South (don't see this happening) I would use Ramseur's brigade and Rhode's Division.

But for SOW since I am a 1st corps man I will command Paul's brigade and if I get "promoted" command Robinson's Division. Can't wait to see them in battle!
rebeltim
Reactions:

Post by rebeltim »

what ever brigade has the most men so i can whoop up on more yankees with!!! :P
Joshua l.Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Joshua l.Chamberlain »

I would use the 3rd Brigade (Vincent's Brigade), 1st Division, V Corps obviously. For a division I would I use Ayres's Regulars Division cause I have always had very good successes when I would command that division in TC2M.
"There stands Jackson like a stone wall! Let us be determined to die here and we will conquer!"
-Brig.Gen. Bernard Bee, Henry House
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Definitely Kershaw's brigade. A large brigade (2,138 men) made up of tough South Carolina boys, many from my home town of Greenville, SC.
rebeltim
Reactions:

Post by rebeltim »

aahhhh. thats all i need to take that hill!!! kershaw's brigade it is :)