No ALT-TAB out of game?

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
BoJe
Reactions:

No ALT-TAB out of game?

Post by BoJe »

Asked about this in the 'observations' thread, but it drowned there...

I can't seem to ALT-TAB out of the game.
The windows button doesn't work either.
Sounds like a small thing, but to me it's pretty important as I'm not going to be playing much without this working (long story).

So are we supposed to be able to ALT-TAB out of the game?
Or is this just not going to be possible with Gettysburg...
Taiaha
Reactions:

Re:No ALT-TAB out of game?

Post by Taiaha »

If you run the game in a window are you able to ALT-TAB out of it then? I'm away from my game PC at the moment but I think this requires unchecking the "full screen option."
Grim.Reaper
Reactions:

Post by Grim.Reaper »

I have been able to alt-tab out of the game in both modes with full selected and not selected. However, when in full, seems like the game pauses when you alt-tab but when unselected, the game continues even if it doesn't have the focus.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

You should be able to alt-tab, it was a last minute fix, but it worked for all of us.
BoJe
Reactions:

Post by BoJe »

Got it working now.
I can't ALT-TAB out unless I have some other program open.
So I can't ALT-TAB to the desktop, but as long as I have Firefox or another program running I can ALT-TAB out fine to that program, also in full window mode.
So I'm happy! :)

By the way, this is slowly, but steadily, shaping up to be the best 45 dollars I've spent in a long, long time...

Can't wait for the campaign mode...! ;)