Activation Errors

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
norb
Reactions:

Re:Activation Errors

Post by norb »

nyy6242 wrote:
I purchased the game yesterday and have been having the same problem as a lot of others. I keep getting the error message invalid activation code. I went ahead and checked the code and it says its fine. I have also tried disabling my firewall and turning off my antivirus and still, same message. I am not sure whats going on but I trust that you guys will figure it out. I even tried uninstalling the demo and trying it again and same thing. The demo itself works great and runs smoothly but of course its the full game I want!

- Joe
If it says invalid code, my guess is that you are getting some spaces in there when you copy it. The only time that message comes up is when it has the wrong number of characters.
nyy6242
Reactions:

Post by nyy6242 »

Thanks Norb, I tried what you said and it worked. As it turned out, when I copy and pasted the code from the email it would say invalid activation code. However, when I wrote it in and replaced the zeroes wiht O's, it worked, who knew?? People should just trying rewriting the code instead of copying it. Looking forward to playing the game, thanks for your help. You did some great work here, much appreaciated!

- Joe
conjotter
Reactions:

Post by conjotter »

Help!

I purchased and activated the game this morning without a problem and played it for awhile. But when I tried to start the game a few hours later it will not work. My computer security shows the following message:

One or more items were detected on your computer:

Detection name: Artemis!C93E2B54FE08 (Trojan), Artemis!C93E2B54FE08 (Trojan)
File: C:\NORBSOFTDEV\SCOURGE OF WAR - GETTYSBURG\WORK\SCPWIN32.DLL

How do I fix this?
I tried reactivating and it wouldn't work.

Thanks in advance. Conjotter
Last edited by conjotter on Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typo
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

It is a false positive report by your security software. You define an exception for the SCPWIN32.DLL in there.
conjotter
Reactions:

Post by conjotter »

Hi ... I'm sorry, your answer doesn't solve my problem.

I purchased the game this morning and it doesn't work now after the false virus message.

And the game will not reactivate even though I have my activation code.

Please describe in detail what steps I need to take to get the game working again.

Do I erase the game from my computer and start from scratch? If I do that should I use the same activation code?

Again, what exactly do I need to do to get the game working again?

Thanks in advance,

Conjotter
Last edited by conjotter on Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typo
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

What do you mean that you tried reactivating? Please list the steps that you took.

You need to make sure that this false positive on our file is suppressed. I'm not sure how you do exceptions in that software, but until that is fixed you won't be able to run the game. It will eventually stop you again.
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

What's the security software you're using?
conjotter
Reactions:

Post by conjotter »

I'm using MacAfee.

When I click on the Gettysburg Scourge icon on my desk top the game doesn't start. Instead it kicks to a screen that says the game is not activated, even though it was earlier today. My activation code is in the activation window, but it doesn't work.

What do I do to get the game working again please?

Regards, Conjotter
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

PM me your code and the email that you used to order the code and we'll get this worked out.
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

Found some instructions for McAfee's false positives: http://community.mcafee.com/message/6645#6645
Please read and do the listed steps.