Activation Errors

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
conjotter
Reactions:

Re:Activation Errors

Post by conjotter »

Hi ... I sent them a copy of this error message.

One or more items were detected on your computer:

Detection name: Artemis!C93E2B54FE08 (Trojan), Artemis!C93E2B54FE08 (Trojan)
File: C:\NORBSOFTDEV\SCOURGE OF WAR - GETTYSBURG\WORK\SCPWIN32.DLL
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

This is 100% a false positive. We have had this file hit a fews times. You have to add this file as an exception to your virus tool. I don't know how to do that for every virus scanning tool, but the gui should be in place and just take some poking around.
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Re:Additional information for AVG users

Post by Kerflumoxed »

ADukes wrote:
You probably have to stop all the AVG services.
Therefore go to Start -> Run and enter "msconfig" (without ""), go to the Services tab and uncheck AVG Watchdog and AVG Email Scan. Then go to the Startup tab and uncheck the Avgtray box. Reboot, and everything should work.

Thanks to Kevin for the hint.
I have a new computer enroute and use AVG. A couple of questions, if I may.

1. Should I download the game before activating AVG?

2. Will I need to de-activate any part AVG before using MP?

Computer specs:

Processor([== Quad Core ==] AMD Phenom™ II X4 965 Black Edition Quad-Core CPU)
Processor Cooling Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ 120mm Radiator [AMD])
Memory(8 GB [2 GB X4] DDR3-1333 Memory Module
Video Card(ATI Radeon HD 5850 - 1GB - Single Card)
Motherboard(ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO -- AMD 785G Hybrid CrossFire Chipset w/8-ch HD Audio, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, 2 PCI-E MB)

Thanks

Jack
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

1. The download order should not matter.

2. Depends on your skill to configure AVG. Most of the anti virus softwares allow to set exceptions for files not to scan.
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Post by Kerflumoxed »

ADukes wrote:
1. The download order should not matter.

2. Depends on your skill to configure AVG. Most of the anti virus softwares allow to set exceptions for files not to scan.
Thanks, ADukes! But, unfortunately, I have NO computer skills other than turning the computer and praying a lot! However, I do subscribe to their service and "with guidance" provide them with your suggestions for "exceptions ... not to scan."

Thanks, again,

J
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Kerflumoxed wrote:
ADukes wrote:
You probably have to stop all the AVG services.
Therefore go to Start -> Run and enter "msconfig" (without ""), go to the Services tab and uncheck AVG Watchdog and AVG Email Scan. Then go to the Startup tab and uncheck the Avgtray box. Reboot, and everything should work.

Thanks to Kevin for the hint.
I have a new computer enroute and use AVG. A couple of questions, if I may.

1. Should I download the game before activating AVG?

2. Will I need to de-activate any part AVG before using MP?

Computer specs:

Processor([== Quad Core ==] AMD Phenom™ II X4 965 Black Edition Quad-Core CPU)
Processor Cooling Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ 120mm Radiator [AMD])
Memory(8 GB [2 GB X4] DDR3-1333 Memory Module
Video Card(ATI Radeon HD 5850 - 1GB - Single Card)
Motherboard(ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO -- AMD 785G Hybrid CrossFire Chipset w/8-ch HD Audio, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, 2 PCI-E MB)

Thanks

Jack
You need to shut down the AVG services only when you first activate the game with your serial number. After that, restart the AVG services. They will not interfere with playing the game.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

If you have resident shield running, there is a chance that it could flag the dll while you are playing and make it so that it cannot execute. So you must learn how to do exceptions if you want to continue with AVG. You need to enter it twice, once for resident shield and once for the virus scan. I have emailed them the file, they have confirmed that it's not a virus and did promise to update their databases at some point.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Dear Sir/Madam,

thank you for your e-mail.

Unfortunately, the current virus database version may detect the
mentioned file as infected. We can confirm that it is a false alarm.
We would like to inform you that the false positive will be removed in
some of next Definitions update. Please update your AVG and if a new
Definitions update was downloaded, check whether the file is still
detected.

If you need to restore deleted files from AVG Virus Vault you can do
it this way:
- Open AVG user interface.
- Choose "Virus Vault" option from the "History" menu.
- Locate the file that was incorrectly removed and select it (one
click).
- Click on the "Restore" button.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Roman Tatar
AVG Customer Services

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2010 4:00:26 PM GMT-07:00
Subject: G#1004379131 - False Positive

>AVG is currently marking the attached file as win32/heur. I have run the Jotti Virusscan and everyone one comes back negative. This is the activation dll for my computer game that is going gold very soon. It is from stopycopy.com and I know there is no virus.
>
>Please fix this as soon as you can.
>
>
>Regards,
>Norb Timpko
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Post by Kerflumoxed »

norb wrote:
If you have resident shield running, there is a chance that it could flag the dll while you are playing and make it so that it cannot execute. So you must learn how to do exceptions if you want to continue with AVG. You need to enter it twice, once for resident shield and once for the virus scan. I have emailed them the file, they have confirmed that it's not a virus and did promise to update their databases at some point.
Thanks, Norb. When the new computer arrives, I plan on calling their tech support and having them install the system. Will include a copy of your email for them.

Appreciate the support.

Jack
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

norb wrote:
I think AVG only halts execution of the dll when it tries to access the internet, i.e. activation/deactivation. It must be a packed dll. I've not had any problems during play. Last night I ran an AVG scan and it did not flag any files of the game as infected. AVG may have already corrected the false alert. :)
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.