Playing with 1 Gb RAM

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Re:Playing with 1 Gb RAM

Post by Jack ONeill »

Roger that. Will do and advise.

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Post by Kerflumoxed »

ADukes wrote:
It will be. Make sure that you get a 64bit OS as well.
Yep...thank you! Do have that covered with Windows 7, 64 Bit.

Thanks, all.

J
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Negative ADukes,

No change. Have also ramped up all the graphics to best. Got more trees, some rocks and now have fences but thats it. Have some kind of purple-ish area now where the streams are sort-of supposed to be but thats it. Also, my graphics card is a 3D card.
Interogative - perhaps this post should have been in the Tech Support area? Sorry, not thinking.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

bfrusa - you and I are in the same situation, I think.

I also tried the non-fullscreen and didn't find anything different.

What is fullscreen, and what isn't?

bfrusa: I'm able to keep all the terrain stuff on high (uniforms on minimum) and the game runs just fine (with the exception that I can't see the ground). So, with all the fences and objects, I can sortof play the game (I must say, I did rather well on the 1st Scenario - Buford). I PM'd norb, and he said that the problem likely is that you need 256mb of RAM on your videocard, and that is probably the reason why the ground doesn't show up.
Hancock the Superb
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Post by Kerflumoxed »

I am right with you with my current machine. At first, I thought that GB had been moved to the slopes of the Rockies with "snow-covered" ground and "purple" streams!

J
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade
Tacloban
Reactions:

Post by Tacloban »

I am playing with Pentium M 1GHz and 1 Gb RAM, 128 mb Radien video card. I can play small/medium battles with medium uniforms and no trees off map. Some occasional stuttering, but I can live with it. I couldn't play hi res or large battles in TC2M either.
7th Wisconsin
Reactions:

Post by 7th Wisconsin »

Pentium 4 2.8GHz 1GB RAM 128MB FX5200 Video card.
Demo had so much lag, it was unplayable. Every option was turned down to minimum.
Good to see some low end machines playing fine! Back to TC2M for me!
Who is John Galt?
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Gentlemen,

Yes, Norb's comment makes sense. Ebay has a bunch of 9250/256 MB cards. Wanted to upgrade my other computer's vid-card anyway so this is the perfect time. Will keep this computer for TC2M and transfer SOWGB to the other one. Ordered one up for less then I paid for the 9250/128 MB card last month. Again, gameplay was fine. Scored a 2958 on the demo tutorial. So, in a couple of days I'll be ready to go, again.
See you all out there.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Jack O'Neill/bfrusa B)

"Molon Labe"
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

This is one of the reasons that we would not release the game before the demo and packaged them both together. We wanted to make sure that people had a chance to play and see how it performed before they spent their money.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

And a wise call it was too. Let's me know what to do and slam in a fresh vid-card which I wanted to do anyway. 3-4 days and we'll know if that did it or not. Then, somewhere, I've got to find $45.00 for the real game. LOL!

Sic Semper Fidelis

Jack O'Neill/bfrusa B)

"Molon Labe"