Devil's Den SanBox Battle

Had a great game? Want to write about it. These things can be very exciting, so if you want to share, post them here. The best will be reposted to the front page of the site!
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Devil's Den SanBox Battle

Post by Chamberlain »

I had a good Sandox game today, using the Devil's Den Map and Gettysburg Day_2 OOB.

The Objective was to hold M.Bushman Farm for 41 minutes...

I had also selected Brigade vs. Brigade level...

I setup my defensive position at Bushman's Farm and waited for the Rebs to attack.

It took around 5 minutes before I started to see any enemy movement to my left on Emmitsburg Road.

The Rebs setup in the woods directly in front of me in a Battle Line 200 yards away. Now, nothing happened for another minute or two. Now the Rebs get back into a Column Formation and start marching back up the Emmitsburg Road. Once they started to reach Emmitsburg, they now decided to march right back in the woods opposite me, except this time they continued to march past me and then as they got to Bishop ?, they just disappeared. All you could see were question marks on the mini map. The all of a sudden, the Rebs reappeared and started approaching my lines. The battle was fierce, I had to Regiments rout off the field. I believe I started with 900 men and I was down to around 275. I was running out of ammo and had no Supply Wagon available.
After awhile, it seemed to be a stalemate with nothing happening and it felt like I was playing for around 2 hours. I looked in the Manual on Sandbox play and I missed one very important option to selct, the Time Limit of the battle.....
I ended the game and sure enough I had no time selected for this battle.
I will say this, this was a good battle and fun. I will have to try another Sandbox battle.
Nice job guys !!!

PS... I wasn't able to locate Chamberlain in any of the OOB's, did I mis seeing him or is he hidden somewhere. He should be in with LRT :huh:

Chamberlain
Last edited by Chamberlain on Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re:Devil's Den SanBox Battle

Post by Little Powell »

Chamberlain wrote:

PS... I wasn't able to locate Chamberlain in any of the OOB's, did I mis seeing him or is he hidden somewhere. He should be in with LRT :huh:

Chamberlain
Hmm.. He should be in both Day 2 scenario's in Vincent's brigade, Barne's Division. He's in the balanced SB OOB and the full Day 2 one.

Nice AAR. :)
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Are you stating that you couldn't find yourself ?

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

Thanks LP, it was fun....

After selecting the Sandbox game, as I scrolled down to select an Officer, that's where I didn't see Chamberlain's name.

Garnier explained the reason why Chamberlain is not visible in the AAR at this point in time....

Thanks

Chamberlain
Last edited by Chamberlain on Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

Chamberlain wrote:

Chamberlain
Well the regimental commanders aren't listed in the OOBs.

Unfortunately there's also no way to have them appear in game unless you put them as part of the regiment's name.
In TC2M you could set the text that appeared on each unit specifically, and while the new system has the advantage of doing some of that automatically, it also means there's no way to have regiment specific text outside of the unit name. Hopefully that will change some time because I like having the regimental commander names visible in my OOBs.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

Davinci wrote:
Are you stating that you couldn't find yourself ?

davinci
Hey Davinci,

How is it going !!

Yes, no..... :silly:

When I selected the OOB and scrolled down thfough the list of Regiments to command, I didn't see Chamberlain

Chamberlain

Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

Garnier wrote:
Well the regimental commanders aren't listed in the OOBs.

Unfortunately there's also no way to have them appear in game unless you put them as part of the regiment's name.
In TC2M you could set the text that appeared on each unit specifically, and while the new system has the advantage of doing some of that automatically, it also means there's no way to have regiment specific text outside of the unit name. Hopefully that will change some time because I like having the regimental commander names visible in my OOBs.
Thanks Garnier for the info...

Sounds good, maybe as time goes on they can be visible...

Chamberlain