Custom OOBS Please!

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Custom OOBS Please!

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Please sir, can I have some more? :pinch:

I am requesting that those who have their own mp custom oob's, could you please release them to the public if at all possible?

If you do, I'll take it easy on you when I play MP against you. :laugh:

Just thought I would ask...pretty cool seeing what is out there.

Later guys!
Armistead
Reactions:

Re: Custom OOBS Please!

Post by Armistead »

The only custom oobs we have are from the ones that we made to play in our Club Campaign. It has our member's personalized brigades that formed in to divisions. What i mean by personalized i mean that chose what stats to increase in their regiments thru out the course of the campaign and they even picked out their portrait and had the club member's name to show up in the oob itself and in game.

I think if we were to ever release these oobs that we will first remove the club member's names from the oob. However, I don't think we will be releasing them to the general public.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Re: Custom OOBS Please!

Armistead wrote:
The only custom oobs we have are from the ones that we made to play in our Club Campaign. It has our member's personalized brigades that formed in to divisions. What i mean by personalized i mean that chose what stats to increase in their regiments thru out the course of the campaign and they even picked out their portrait and had the club member's name to show up in the oob itself and in game.

I think if we were to ever release these oobs that we will first remove the club member's names from the oob. However, I don't think we will be releasing them to the general public.
Hi.

I totally agree with you. Well if you ever do wish to release them once new ones are created, I would really appreciate having them (for some disturbing reason, I collect oobs). If I may make another request? If you do release the oobs for public consumption, would you consider leaving in the names of the players, because if you remove/change them then it would just make the oobs no longer a one of a kind.

If not, I fully understand.

Now to bug Norb into perhaps releasing the oob's they use for multiplayer, that would be a collectible item indeed, might get a penny for it. :) But seriously, Norb, how about releasing your multiplayer oobs for us little people out here.

Cheers, and take care.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim
Reactions:

Re:Custom OOBS Please!

Post by Jim »

Not to disillusion the masses, but we use only the stock OOBs for all our testing. This increases the chances of finding and fixing any errors so they are not released on an unsuspecting public.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Re:Custom OOBS Please!

Hi.

Thanks Jim.

Later!