Router problems for hosting.

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
John Buford
Reactions:

Re:Router problems for hosting.

Post by John Buford »

Little Powell wrote:
[quote]

Yeah.. I did that the other day. Unistalled, wiped the install directory, rebooted and reintalled 1.1 full.

I just got off the phone with ZyXEL. They opened a case number, gave me an internal firmware version they use and asked me to upload it to the modem and test again... and call them back.

Now, the waiting begins for some testers.

~B
"They will attack you in the morning and they will come booming–skirmishers three deep. You will have to fight like the devil until supports arrive."
- General John Buford at Gettysburg.
John Buford
Reactions:

Post by John Buford »

Problem solved and I'm happy to report it is not, nor involves, Raknet :P

Apparently my modem/router, ZyXEL p-660r-D1 has some issues reliably transferring UDP packets when in router mode, wether it is routing directly to one PC or to an internal switch/hub/router. I finally got this confirmed from the manufacturer.

Putting it in bridge mode (much to the shagrin of my ISP) and allowing all transports to pass thru to a single PC or switch/hub/router works like a champ.

My sincere thanks to all who tried to help.

Now.. to kill some rebs whilst hosting my own battles.

~B
"They will attack you in the morning and they will come booming–skirmishers three deep. You will have to fight like the devil until supports arrive."
- General John Buford at Gettysburg.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Problem solved and I'm happy to report it is not, nor involves, Raknet :P

Apparently my modem/router, ZyXEL p-660r-D1 has some issues reliably transferring UDP packets when in router mode, wether it is routing directly to one PC or to an internal switch/hub/router. I finally got this confirmed from the manufacturer.

Putting it in bridge mode (much to the shagrin of my ISP) and allowing all transports to pass thru to a single PC or switch/hub/router works like a champ.

My sincere thanks to all who tried to help.

Now.. to kill some rebs whilst hosting my own battles.

~B
Excellent! Every time I've seen one of these strange issues, it always turns out to be some obscure setting on the router. Same thing happened with my Belkin and the DMZ feature. Glad you got it fixed.