Veteran's Day Appreciation Offer

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
norb
Reactions:

Veteran's Day Appreciation Offer

Post by norb »

If you have served active duty military and can prove it to us. Please forward your proof and your receipt and we will send you a free additional activation code for each purchase. Just send them to sowsupport at scourgeofwar dot com and we'll take care of it from there.

The receipt must be dated from 11/01/2010 - 11/13/2010

We will post this on the main page as we get closer, but I wanted to give everyone a heads up.
drhet58
Reactions:

Re: Veteran's Day Appreciation Offer

Post by drhet58 »

Norb,

That is Truely inspiring. Such a wonderful and heartfelt gesture to our brave men and women who risk their lives so we may be here,in the the Land Of The Free. Kudos to you!!

Don
"Their battle-flags looked redder and bloodier in the strong July sun than I had ever seen them before"
Lt. John H. Calef
Company A, 2nd U.S. Artillery
July 1st
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

If you have served active duty military and can prove it to us. Please forward your proof and your receipt and we will send you a free additional activation code for each purchase. Just send them to sowsupport at scourgeofwar dot com and we'll take care of it from there.

The receipt must be dated from 11/01/2010 - 11/13/2010

We will post this on the main page as we get closer, but I wanted to give everyone a heads up.
You know Norb, your all right in my books. Excellent Idea!
Redleg
Reactions:

Post by Redleg »

That's very gracious of you NORB.

I just signed up, and not a moment to soon, apparently.

Currently holding the line in Scenic Afghanistan. Just wanna say I love this game and will hopefully turn my sergeants onto it.
"I am afeard there are few die well that die in battle, for how can they charitably dispose of anything when blood is their argument?"
— William Shakespeare (Henry V)
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Currently holding the line in Scenic Afghanistan. Just wanna say I love this game and will hopefully turn my sergeants onto it.
Excellent.. And thank you for your service Redleg.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Great to hear Redleg. Maybe you can give us a hand and clue us in as to what would be appropriate proof. We have a scan of a retired card with the SS# blurred out. But we are open as to what is good proof. Maybe their name listed on a official site somewhere and they provide the link.
Redleg
Reactions:

Post by Redleg »

Well...I would say that I just send ya'll a copy of my Officer Record brief. Has most of my info on it.

But then, I may well be the only veteran of the current disagreement, so other men might not use the same records.

You'll probably need to except different forms of I.D. from different eras. I'm not sure exactly what those are yet, but I'll ask the old grogs and see what they say.

Also, couldn't help but notice that the receipts need a certain date. Guess that doesn't count what I already bought, eh?
Last edited by Redleg on Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: additional comment
"I am afeard there are few die well that die in battle, for how can they charitably dispose of anything when blood is their argument?"
Shirkon
Reactions:

Post by Shirkon »

I just had a thought. A copy of their DD214 with the social deleted would work as well. Everyone that is discharged gets a DD214 form with their discharge package.
Last edited by Shirkon on Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Wrong DD from number
War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over.

Sherman, December 1863, remark to a Tennessee woman.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

We're going to extend this a little to those that preordered the CD, so we'll say 10/1 - 11/13 dated receipt and proof of service will get you the free code. I hate turning anyone away, so this will just be between us :)
Redleg
Reactions:

Post by Redleg »

Yes Well, I bought it online some months ago, and if my sweetie found out I spent 90$ on three copies of SOW...well, let's just say I'd have a lot more time to hang out on this forum.

Think I'd better save the dough for SOW: Leipzig...a guy can dream, can't he?