30 years later - Remembering John

Here you can talk about whatever floats your boat. Your favorite movie, sports team, etc. If it's a little racey, I suggest you post in R&R, otherwise we'll move it for you.
drhet58
Reactions:

Re: 30 years later - Remembering John

Post by drhet58 »

I was 22 and living in my first apartment. My best friend told me what happened the next day. I was probably in a 'party stupor' on that fateful night and was unaware of the occurance.
It didn't fully hit me until I listened to the TV and radio tributes that followed. Then it sunk in. Never a chance for a re-union concert or recording by the Beatles ever. I'll admit I shed tears. I still at times get misty watching some old videos of the Beatles; and of John with Sean, wondering what might have been.
I used to sing all the songs, off my 8-track:whistle: , while cruisin' around the back roads with my friends. Constantly.
Quick story... My senior yr. in H.S. I was a smart-ass to my English teacher. One day she came up to me and said she heard I was a Beatle's fan. She gave me some of her books to read (she was a Beatlemaniac too!). After that, we got along just fine. Anybody bad-mouthed her and I stood up for her. Funny how little crap like that can turn you around to see a person in a different light. I'll always remember her, Mrs. Hughes.

The Dream IS NOT over!!!!
"Their battle-flags looked redder and bloodier in the strong July sun than I had ever seen them before"
Lt. John H. Calef
Company A, 2nd U.S. Artillery
July 1st
garyknowz
Reactions:

Re: 30 years later - Remembering John

Post by garyknowz »

This begs the question as to how he made such an impact on a 13 year old. I don't think that I knew who he was at 13.
Well, I was only six---and I remember. It was only one of three times I ever saw my father cry. The others: his father's passing, and my sister's. Today, I completely understand, and empathize. :(
Sorry. I suffer from a serious case of typosis. Don't worry, it's not contagious :)