What Iid like to see

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Roger55
Reactions:

What Iid like to see

Post by Roger55 »

First lets talk about the macro level. I'd really like to see each "scenario" have a Federal or Confederate twin so both sides of a situation might be played. So as it is, I'm not storing my CWB or RSS series board games any time soon:dry: .

On the micro level having to garrison the objectives with an officer and a couple of Regiments as in the case of Devils Den irks me to no end as does having to check continually units that the are TC being moved against some distant threat by the AI. (I've seen enough of the terrain of the Round Tops to wonder why Lee was so derilect that he didn't go look at it. Like the WWI general who first visited the front in Flanders he surely would have remarked, "We sent men to fight in that?" In fact I don't want to look at that mess for awhile.:sick: )

And one other thing. Antietam
Last edited by Roger55 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: What Iid like to see

Post by Little Powell »

You can find the Confederate twin to the Cemetery Hill and Culps hill scenarios in my Culps Hill series:

http://www.norbsoftdev.com/index.php?op ... Itemid=103

Also, I cannot confirm nor deny that others may or may not be available in the near or distant future. ;) ;) ;)
kg_sspoom
Reactions:

Post by kg_sspoom »

What about a quick/easy/safe way to play the Demo with new players online?
One that doesnt involve de-activating and re-activating.
So when new potential players hit the lobby they will actually get to try the
game online with another person, 2 people in the lobby at the same time running the demo is pretty rare.
McHugh
Reactions:

Post by McHugh »

You mean you can play a multiplayer game with the demo? I noticed that the handicap is set to 100. How does this number correspond to your "skill" level? For example, what do you think would be an appropiate number for a beginner? Thanks.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Oaky, dumb as a rock time.
Didn't Norb/Team set up in the last patch where we could play the demo as part of the real game? Or has too much battle damage addeled me too much?

Jack :S
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

You mean you can play a multiplayer game with the demo? I noticed that the handicap is set to 100. How does this number correspond to your "skill" level? For example, what do you think would be an appropiate number for a beginner? Thanks.
It's a percentage of your troops that you get. Unless the people you're playing multiplayer with want you to change it, which hasn't ever happened, it should always be 100.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

I'd like to see messages coming back to you from cavalry or other units probing/scouting giving you the enemies whereabouts.