Antietam Screenshots

Threads discussing NSD news items from the front page.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Antietam Screenshots

Post by Little Powell »

[article=link]152[/article]
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Re: Antietam Screenshots

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

It looks like this will be a very nice map to play on. One suggestion though. The battle was fought in mid-September so the corn would be ripe and the stalks and leaves would be turning yellow by then.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

MTG,

Good catch. AWESOME screenshots! WOOT!

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
bafonetto
Reactions:

Post by bafonetto »

Ok, here we go.
Give us the link to download it. B)
Here it begins to snow and a good fight is what you need (in some evenings) :whistle:
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Little Powell – great screenshots!

Question – considering that there doesn’t appear to be any water in the Antietam Creek – how will the game treat the creek-bed, will this be passable, or are the bridges the only way across the creeks?

Can (you) give an aerial view of the South Mountain terrain?

Thanks,

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Yes. we didn't think it necessary to add water to the Antietam creek, however if we have time at the end we will. There's a large fatigue penalty for crossing the creek, and the troops cross at a VERY slow pace. It's best to use bridges or the fords, if you can find them. There is water in the Potomac though.

As far as South Mountain, screens will be released for those soon. Still quite a bit to complete on those maps before we can release any good screenshots.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

There's a large fatigue penalty for crossing the creek, and the troops cross at a VERY slow pace.
OK, this is good news, it gives the AI options as to not bunch-up and clog the bridges.

I was just curious about how this game handles the water, considering that Norb stated earlier ( roughly one year ago ) that the water can appear in the game at different levels of the terrain.
As far as South Mountain, screens will be released for those soon. Still quite a bit to complete on those maps before we can release any good screenshots.
Understandable, I figured that the map-pack would be out closer to December then now.

Besides, I still haven’t played on the other two Pipe-Creek-Maps, just the second one!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Understandable, I figured that the map-pack would be out closer to December then now.

Besides, I still haven’t played on the other two Pipe-Creek-Maps, just the second one!

davinci
Yes, we are shooting for it to be ready by Christmas. Progress is steady going and I'm confident we'll meet that goal.

Go play those other Pipe Creek maps! You're missing out.. ;) The third map has the highest heights and the best defensive ground I think.
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

It looks like this will be a very nice map to play on. One suggestion though. The battle was fought in mid-September so the corn would be ripe and the stalks and leaves would be turning yellow by then.
We were at the battlefield for a tour and photo shoot a week after the anniversary of the battle. All of the live shots in the video are from that trip so you can see the state of the foliage. Fall comes a little later in that part of the country.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
2nd Texas Infantry
Reactions:

Antietam Screenshots

Post by 2nd Texas Infantry »

Man I just love the pics, I realy like the new objects. I tip my hat to you guys.