Thoughts on MP

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re:Thoughts on MP

Post by Little Powell »

norb wrote:
We could just have a section of the forum where commanders evaluate their subordinates, like fitness reports. Then if you sucked in a battle, word would get out and people would be wary of having you on their team. Or the opposite.
Great idea. We may not even need an entire league website after all. We could probably just dedicate a section of the forum to it where the game times are announced and the fitness reports etc. could be posted.
Gfran64
Reactions:

Post by Gfran64 »

Why not assign a rank to the players on MP. You get points/promotions for scenario play that would be your initial rank. You could co-mingle this data with MP commander recommendations and then have the rank displayed with the players info. This would also allow some handicapping where a lesser player might player more advanced player, the lesser player on a easier setting and the advanced player on a harder setting.

Greg
dale
Reactions:

Post by dale »

I dislike the idea of handicapping. Not all scenarios are equal. Why not set up some historical OOB's where the less experienced player plays defense? I find that playing offense takes a great deal more skill, not to mention hand to keyboard coordination.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

What I really need is to make the program output some sort of stat file that I can post. I'll have to think about this. But to have the complete stats available on the website could be very cool.
7th Wisconsin
Reactions:

Post by 7th Wisconsin »

Then if you sucked in a battle, word would get out and people would be wary of having you on their team.
Single player, here I come...lol!
Who is John Galt?