Prairie Grove - Released

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
4thMissInf.Co.F
Reactions:

Re: Prairie Grove - Released

Post by 4thMissInf.Co.F »

This is really great to me. For one, because I had long been looking forward to it and Reb's work, too. But secondly, because I will never load this map without thinking especially of John.

Thanks to all, you really can't be part of this group here without truly liking the fellow members!
My Ancestors:

-James Neely Vance, Pvt, 4th Mississippi Infantry, Company F "Sons Of The South", Army of Mississippi, Army of Tennessee
-William Harrison "Hash" Mabry, Pvt, 31st Mississippi Infantry, Company H, and 8th Mississippi Cavalry, Company D, N.B. Forrests Cavalry

Forever UNRECONSTRUCTED!
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Post by Ingles of the 57th »

Just noticed I have no buildings on the Prairie Grove display. Despite having Antietam, Chancellorsville etc installed and running.

Went back to run Antietam and discovered that I now have no buildings there either. I know there were buildings there previously. Mumma farm is burning well ....... without the farm.

I haven't got time to look into this right now but any ideas would be welcome. I will look at the options to see if I have accidentally reduced the graphics settings and also the actual graphics files for Antitam.

Geoff Laver Late of her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Post by Ingles of the 57th »

Sorry Panic over

I see that I had somehow reduced the Map Objects setting from 'Best' to 'High'. Restoring 'Best' restored the buildings.

I must admit I had not realised that a 'high' setting zapped all of the buildings. Seems a bit extreme.

Geoff Laver Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
dgard20
Reactions:

Post by dgard20 »

Thank You for the early Christmas present. Awesome.
t-storm
Reactions:

Post by t-storm »

hey how do I join a multy player battle in demo mode?
always ready to fight the rebs!
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

hey how do I join a multy player battle in demo mode?
This really belongs in a different thread, but you will need to find someone that also just has the demo, or someone that will be kind enough to play a demo MP game with you. We are working on a way to handle your situation better, but for now that's the only way to do it.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

This is a wonderful piece of work - trully outstanding.
Great reminder of the good old days as we we worked on Prairie Grove Colors together...that mod is still getting attention over there in TC2M Land. :)
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

This is really great to me. For one, because I had long been looking forward to it and Reb's work, too. But secondly, because I will never load this map without thinking especially of John.

Thanks to all, you really can't be part of this group here without truly liking the fellow members!
Thanks for the kind words. Was concerned about your absence, you disappeared about the same time as John, had a crazy feeling that John was using an alias...as you. Welcome back, hope life wasn't too harsh on ya...looking forward to those promised OOBs. :)
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Just had my first ventures into Prairie Grove.

A superb map and great images. A joy to fight on. Fine mix of terrain and a welcome change from all those damned unrelenting TREES of late.

Greatly looking forward to Pea Ridge ..... that was a rewarding location in TC2M I seem to remember.

Just gets better and better.

Geoff Laver Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot.
Always good to hear from you, luv your interpretations of our presentations. Yeah, Pea Ridge won't disappoint, it may prove to be John's most magnificent work...for me, it is. His recreation of the Ozark Plateau is uncanny, I lived and adventured in this magical land as a youth...Mountain Home and Berryville Arkansas.

However, you must tolerate some thick forests. :P
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Original post updated with an alternate download link of the zipped mod.