SimCity 5 Server Status Update: Who Needs Servers? Offline Gameplay Discovered By Modder

We're gamers, so here is a good place to discuss other games you are playing or are curious about.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Re: SimCity 5 Server Status Update: Who Needs Servers? Offline Gameplay Discovered By Modder

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Here is something else to read while you wait for Simcity 5...

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/03/h ... r-simcity/
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Re: SimCity 5 Server Status Update: Who Needs Servers? Offline Gameplay Discovered By Modder

I guess companies never learn...Diablo 3 has serious issues... Now EA. But then again EA has been on the outs with Gamers for a very long time now, and this is only going to make it worse.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/SimCit ... 53685.html
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Here is something a few may appreciate if you are a Simcity type fellow or Lady.

This is called "Civitas - Plan, develop, and manage the city of your dreams!", and apparently it is suppose to knock a few EA heads together, but of course time will tell.

Here is the link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/158 ... -of-your-d
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Oh my dear God, the more I roam, the worse it gets for Simcity (EA - Electronic Arts), and I mean this thing launched a few days ago... because of the DRM in place I won't go near this game. There is somthing I find very odd about this new Simcity Game, and from all the Videos I have watched people playing the game, it just doesn't feel like the Simcity I know, and enjoy playing... I don't know how to describe it, but this is not Simcity.

This feels just like when Diablo 3 came out. Diablo 3 should not have been called Diablo 3 because it didn't feel anything like the Diablo series at all, and the same goes for Simcity/Simcity 5/Simcity 2013, it just doesn't feel like it belongs in the Simcity series.

Here is a link to another article: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... rvers.aspx
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Col. Manning
Reactions:

Post by Col. Manning »

A good friend of mine did extensive work on the SimMars mod for Simcity 4. When he saw Simcity 5, his impressions were much the same as yours. Monkeying with the DRM is enough to make me stay away, and Sim 4 is good enough for me! Anyways, I just thought I would mention the SimMars mod to you since you're into things like that.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

A good friend of mine did extensive work on the SimMars mod for Simcity 4. When he saw Simcity 5, his impressions were much the same as yours. Monkeying with the DRM is enough to make me stay away, and Sim 4 is good enough for me! Anyways, I just thought I would mention the SimMars mod to you since you're into things like that.
Thanks, I'll check it out. :)
kg_sspoom
Reactions:

Post by kg_sspoom »

I would love to have a new sim city but no way with the always online crap
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Haaa, just something I thought I would mention.... There is an article (above) that describes how EA is remedying the slowdown issue they are having with their online servers, and they have decided to patch the game to stop users from using functions that make the game great (supposedly). Hell, they are crippling their own game because of this online crap.

When have you heard any company turning off game options that are critical for enjoying the game?

Good riddance to bad rubbish I always say. EA deserves what they get for pulling this, and we all know what EA is like when it comes to servers... They have a nasty tendency of discontinuing providing servers for MP gaming.

Oh well...
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Oh my God guys. I think EA has started a revolution. All I see now is EA because of their GREED have started to increase the ranks of pirates out there. This sort of DRM, and misery only makes more legit users join the ranks of trying out piracy... haaa, what EA was trying to stop, is the exact thing they are causing to happen. Good going EA for forcing piracy to continue, and thrive.

You have to read these reviews...

http://www.amazon.com/SimCity-Limited-E ... ewpoints=0