Scourge of War Reviews - Antietam & Chancellorsville

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
JeanAllTrekkie
Reactions:

Scourge of War Reviews - Antietam & Chancellorsville

Post by JeanAllTrekkie »

Scourge of War Chancellorsville - http://the-strategy-wargamer.tumblr.com/post/57920319056/scourge-of-war-chancellorsville-review-this-is-my

Scourge of War Antietam - http://the-strategy-wargamer.tumblr.com/post/57623865551/scourge-of-war-antietam-review-a-month-ago-i

Most Wanted Features:

- Mini Map orders. Wish I can direct my brigades or divisions through the mini map. Click on a brigade and drag a line where I want them to go

Also I wish the mini map would be less cluttered. Its sometimes real hard to find leaders, brigades, etc. Could we also include a zoom option. Ran into a problem at Chancellorsville where tons of units were on top of each other and I couldnt make heads or tails.

- Full Battle Scenarios. I know the game will be long but I think this would be a awesome feature. Imagine playing Gettysburg Day 1 all the way to Day 3, or Chancellorsville Day 1 to Day 4. Your in command of The Confederate Army. You can follow historical strategy and relive the battle OR you can devise your own strategy and change history.

- Entrenching. Would love this feature. For obvious reasons lol.

- Fire at selected unit. Wish I would be able to tell my regiment which enemy unit I want them to concentrate their fire on.

Now I know some people will say some of these features dont show you the frustration a commander had to deal with. ie. Orders not followed, fire at selecting unit, etc. But remember its a game its not supposed to frustrate you... its supposed to be fun.

Anyway great games Norbsoft. The graphics, gameplay... are amazing. I CANNOT wait to review my next Scourge of War Game and see what other features you have in store.
35th Georgia
Reactions:

Re: Scourge of War Reviews - Antietam & Chancellorsville

Post by 35th Georgia »

You will find a mod for Gettysburg 3 Days Carryover that will give you part of what you want in the Mod section of the forum.
"To walk into to almost certain death is insane,to do it with honor is heroic."
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Scourge of War Reviews - Antietam & Chancellorsville

Post by Little Powell »

Thanks for the reviews and positive feedback of the game.
- Mini Map orders. Wish I can direct my brigades or divisions through the mini map. Click on a brigade and drag a line where I want them to go
Just in case you weren't aware, there is a Command Map feature that basically accomplishes this. It is explained in detail on pg. 55 of the manual.