Units under my command do not allow control

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
CPHarrison
Reactions:

Units under my command do not allow control

Post by CPHarrison »

I recently acquired the 150yr Anniversary version. I was playing the Antietam game. In many of the battle segments I have units assigned to me in the OB, however I have no control over them. If I go the ME and arrow through my command I go to these units, however I cannot control them. I have found this is most prevalent with the artillery, however is does also happen with the infantry.

I have added the saved game file

Is this a bug or a feature? How do I modify this to give me command of all the units under my command?

Great game by the way.
Attachments
RestartCurrentLevel.zip
(866.63 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
born2see
Reactions:

Re: Units under my command do not allow control

Post by born2see »

Are you familiar with the Take Command button? We refer to as the TC button. It looks like a flag and when highlighted, that unit will do whatever you tell it to (for the most part). It essentially bypasses the AI.

B
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
CPHarrison
Reactions:

Post by CPHarrison »

Hi,

Yes, I am very familiar with the "Take Command button" and that would work just fine and dandy if it were available. In the scenario I provided in the save game file, half the units under my command do not have any control button, to include the Take Command button.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Which scenario is this? You may not have control of all of your forces at the start if they weren't initially involved in the battle, or not involved at all.

It should be indicated in the scenario intro under your available forces.