Manassas Map - Released

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: Manassas Map - Released

Post by Saddletank »

No luck. Download keeps stopping between 12 and 13 MB.
Just keep trying. It worked for me first time, others say it takes a dozen attempts. It'll work eventually.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

Got it! :)
Last edited by Amish John on Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Played an MP game on this map tonight; lovely looking map, a real quality feast on the eyes.

Unfortunately it is full of broken road paths. Can these be checked and patched please?

Also for some really odd reason out of 9 players the command map function only worked for 1 person, when normally many of us use the N-key command map all the time. Hitting 'N' brings the minimap up but clicking on it does not send the selected unit to that location, it seems to only move the 'eyeball' indicating where the player is to that location.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Unfortunately it is full of broken road paths. Can these be checked and patched please?
As far as I know, Mark checked all of the roads with Garniers road checker and they came back clean.

Can you be specific on where the breaks are?
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Ah, now I get it. You're correct and I was wrong. I've ridden an officer around 3/4 of the map's roads and I realise that what I was trying to march along last night wasn't a road but an unfinished railroad grade.

Sorry for the false alarm.
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Post by Ingles of the 57th »

Oh Dear, This download is a real lemon.

I have been trying for six hours. God knows how many tries. Every time without fail it stops at about 7,600.

Much as I would like the this map, in the interests of my sanity I shall give it a miss until something better can be devised.

Best of luck to all you guys in the snowstorm.

Geoff Laver Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Oh Dear, This download is a real lemon.

I have been trying for six hours. God knows how many tries. Every time without fail it stops at about 7,600.
Hopefully, someone will Host the Map at another site.

Or, since the time at your location is different than here, you might try it when you feel that no-one else is downloading it.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
voltigeur
Reactions:

Post by voltigeur »

Here's a link to the file via dropbox for those who are having issues

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vexqgacdpbmvb ... s.zip?dl=0

I have noticed download issues with the nsd server recently as well.
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

I also had to try many times before success.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Post by Ingles of the 57th »

Got the download first time from DROPBOX. Thank you. Very impressive.

I am a bit restricted how I can download. My Internet connection is via satellite; slow, limited in download capacity and expensive. This is why I have never been able yet to indulge in Multiplayer.

Any major downloads I have to do during the night when there is a toll-free period.

Geoff Laver Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"