Alternate Explosions with incoming shell sound UPDATE!!!

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Re: Alternate Explosions with incoming shell sound UPDATE!!!

Post by Jack ONeill »

Marcus,

If you want, you can use the musket sounds from TC2M. I too noticed the very muted musket firing sounds in the stock game. Like you, I thought the TC2M sounds were better. Just copy them from TC2M and rename them to comform to SOWGB sounds and replace them. I did all seven from TC2M, but SOWGB only uses 3. What the hell. If you don't have TC2M installed anywhere, shoot me a PM and I'll send them to you. I have to reinstall them everytime there's a new patch or something anyway, so I keep them handy.

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Now we're talking! Just replaced them and tried a quick battle, much better-appreciate the help! Thanks!
Glad you like my musket sounds.. They are louder and clearer because they are a little higher quality than the originals (not enough to effect performance though).. They are from an hifi audio extract from a well known Civil War movie.. I'll give you a hint: "I'll see you in the fort, Thomas." :)
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Now we're talking! Just replaced them and tried a quick battle, much better-appreciate the help! Thanks!
Glad you like my musket sounds.. They are louder and clearer because they are a little higher quality than the originals (not enough to effect performance though).. They are from an hifi audio extract from a well known Civil War movie.. I'll give you a hint: "I'll see you in the fort, Thomas." :)
hehe, I know... :)
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

LP,
Just installed your improved musket sounds. Nice improvement to an already top notch game. Thanks.
John
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
lilmonty94
Reactions:

Post by lilmonty94 »

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that the link is dead. I'm very interested in DLing this mod, so if you could please put up another link, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
lilmonty94
If General Pickett played SoW Multiplayer:
"Up, up men, and find a host!"
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Hehehe, my mistake SIR!

Anyway, here is the link: http://www.justallinone.com/index.php?o ... Itemid=156

Later, and enjoy! :)
Jubal Early
Reactions:

Post by Jubal Early »

Great Job Michael! The explosions sound much more realistic. I almost took cover when I first heard them :laugh:
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Great Job Michael! The explosions sound much more realistic. I almost took cover when I first heard them :laugh:
HAAAaaaaa... Yup, can get hairy out there!

Glad you enjoy the new sounds. :cheer:

Cheers, and take care!
pchandler43
Reactions:

Post by pchandler43 »

The links in this thread do not work. This mod should either be taken off the forum or re-uploaded to some place like ModDB
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

I see you're new to the forum, pchandler43. Welcome. A couple of things: First, mods are done by the community for the community. They're not official add-ons to the game and as such are not updated by NSD. This particular mod was written for version 1.3 over three years ago. If you would like to see if it still works, maybe you should contact Mike Slaunwhite to see if it's still available. You can send him a personal message or just ask him politely to repost it. Mike is a well respected member of the SOW community with over 4300 posts. I'm sure he'd be glad to help.

B
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam