1:1 Sprite Ratio Revealed...Sandbox - Friant vs Cooke SR1

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: 1:1 Sprite Ratio Revealed...Sandbox - Friant vs Cooke SR1

Post by RebBugler »

Did you make the map bigger to get the scale right for this?
Very excited to see any footage you have of this mod:)
With sandbox player opts a map. So no, this is just an example mod of how to reconfigure an OOB to demonstrate SR1.

Not sure what you mean by footage. Download the mod, play it, and draw your own conclusions as to whether SR1 play improves your immersion. BTW, if not historically referenced, map scaling is not necessary.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Update to version 1.2, OOBNames file is now in mod form...Initial warning removed.
Crikey
Reactions:

Post by Crikey »

Hi Reb - hope all well.

If I want to port over some OOBs it looks like I need to amend one of the .xml files to ensure the OOB names for commanders/sub units etc display correctly in the Sandbox display screen and then in game.

Is it OOBnames.xml?

And is there an easy way to import each entry? Or do I have to edit every line by hand?

:(
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Hi Reb - hope all well.

If I want to port over some OOBs it looks like I need to amend one of the .xml files to ensure the OOB names for commanders/sub units etc display correctly in the Sandbox display screen and then in game.

Is it OOBnames.xml?

And is there an easy way to import each entry? Or do I have to edit every line by hand?

:(
You are correct, and there's no easy way I know of. Right now it's line by mundane line, or more correctly, line by three mundane lines when including the additional info necessary.
Crikey
Reactions:

Post by Crikey »

Thanks Reb.

I feared as much. Porting OOBs becoming more painful. Ouch. :blink:
1st Texas Sharpshooters
Reactions:

Post by 1st Texas Sharpshooters »

Hi,
Thanx for a great mod! Its really fun to have small scale skirmish with companies 1:1.
I have spent some time making each bataillon have 6 companies (1 voltigeur sprites), 1 grenadier sprites and 4 ligne sprites). It looks good and is great fun to detach the voltigeurs into open order in front of the btn.
But the names of the units kind of mess up and I get all kind of "OOB_12 ...." etc and cant find out how the naming system works. Is it coded or is there a way to make my own unit/leader names?

Thanx again...
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Hi,
Thanx for a great mod! Its really fun to have small scale skirmish with companies 1:1.
I have spent some time making each bataillon have 6 companies (1 voltigeur sprites), 1 grenadier sprites and 4 ligne sprites). It looks good and is great fun to detach the voltigeurs into open order in front of the btn.
But the names of the units kind of mess up and I get all kind of "OOB_12 ...." etc and cant find out how the naming system works. Is it coded or is there a way to make my own unit/leader names?

Thanx again...
Excellent, glad to see someone expanding upon this 'basic' design. :)

In order to add or change OOB names you must edit the 'Mods\Sandbox - Friant vs Cooke SR1\Layout\Media\Language\LanguageEnglishMod.xml'. Notepad++ is our app of choice for editing xml files, although most text apps should do.
1st Texas Sharpshooters
Reactions:

thanx for the fast and informative reply Reb!
Im diggin in...
1st Texas Sharpshooters
Reactions:

[/quote]Excellent, glad to see someone expanding upon this 'basic' design. :)

In order to add or change OOB names you must edit the 'Mods\Sandbox - Friant vs Cooke SR1\Layout\Media\Language\LanguageEnglishMod.xml'.[/quote]

Hi Reb,
Im having some troubbles with the naming of leaders/units. Im editing the languageenglishMOD file but cant get anything to show up in game (only the "oob...").
I returned to your mod and found that the companies in game dont display their names either.
Am I missing something here?
Best regards...
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

The Beta Patch kicks in the OOBNamesMod, make sure you have that, not the Matrix version Patch 1. If that doesn't work I'll revert this mod back to the full OOBNames listing which will have to do until things get sorted out with the patches.