More MP Progress

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Joshua l.Chamberlain
Reactions:

Re:More MP Progress

Post by Joshua l.Chamberlain »

The only thing that bugs me is when it attacks all messy with one regiment going ahead of the brigade one falling behind then they all get intermingled.
"There stands Jackson like a stone wall! Let us be determined to die here and we will conquer!"
-Brig.Gen. Bernard Bee, Henry House
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Joshua l.Chamberlain wrote:
The only thing that bugs me is when it attacks all messy with one regiment going ahead of the brigade one falling behind then they all get intermingled.
Yeah, me too.
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

It's messy but accurate. Read about the actions on the afternoon of July 1. The CS attacks from Oak Hill were quite disjointed and defeated in turn. On the other hand, Ewells units did a nice job of collapsing the over-extended lines of 11 Corps.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Joshua l.Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Joshua l.Chamberlain »

Yeah I know but when it happens all the time then it gets anoying.
"There stands Jackson like a stone wall! Let us be determined to die here and we will conquer!"
-Brig.Gen. Bernard Bee, Henry House
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

I believe we are talking about brigades! In a division - generally it was hard to get the full division on the firing line - esp. towards Culps Hill. However, in terms of brigades - regiments wouldn't charge ahead, stop, fire, another regiment move forward - leapfrogging their way to enemy! But brigades, different story.
Hancock the Superb