Any chance someone might create a Roman/Greek Era mod?

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
JohnVW
Reactions:

Any chance someone might create a Roman/Greek Era mod?

Post by JohnVW »

and if one exists, where would i find it? would be a great addition to SoW (in my opinion)...thanks!
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Any chance someone might create a Roman/Greek Era mod?

Post by RebBugler »

Why bother when inexpensive games like that already exist. Rome Total War is available via Ebay for six bucks, I just checked:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... cat=139973

I know it well, definitely worthwhile for throwing ancient armies against each other :evil:
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
JohnVW
Reactions:

Post by JohnVW »

i know, and have played that...BUT i much prefer this format, and there's a group of 4-5 steady SoW players that all agree (that we'd also love a roman/greek option)...
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

It would definitely be possible if someone is willing to put in the work. Obviously most units would be set to melee only except for archers of course. Arty could be replaced with catapults. The most work would be creating the sprites, hand-to-hand fighting animations, etc. Cool idea, but a ton of work. You'd need a team of talented modders to make it happen.
JohnVW
Reactions:

Post by JohnVW »

that's too bad...(that it's so much work)...
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

Hi JohnVW

I have the sprites for most ancient periods so I would be willing to do the sprites so long as others would be willing to put it all together. I was intending to do it much later down the track. The period that I have many sprites already rendered for is the Early Roman Republic and the Italian Wars which involved Etruscans, Campanians etc. I had done this in TC2M for my own enjoyment but I reckon the SOW engines would be awsome for it

Remus
Last edited by remus on Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mistake
JohnVW
Reactions:

Post by JohnVW »

Wow, that would be great! if there were other people who knew how to "put it all together"...
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

Hi JohnVW

I'll make a start and if anyone can or would like to have an input they could let me know. I'll post updates as I go but not too sure how long it might take.

Remus