Franco Prussian Mod?

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Pom
Reactions:

Re: Franco Prussian Mod?

Post by Pom »

Thank you Tank,I already have all the sprites packed for the standard version,just not in game yet.

As for doing this for someone else,I would need to learn how to create all the models,not just edit other peoples work,although I am slowy adding in some bits of my own,and still learning what can be done.
Crikey
Reactions:

Post by Crikey »

Outstanding Pom, outstanding. The Crimea looks brilliant. B)

Last edited by Crikey on Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don
Reactions:

Post by Don »

Yes, the problem for me is & always has been finding the working original mod. Where might I find it? I still have TC2M.
Los
Reactions:

Post by Los »

Ok the original link is long dead but try this one...
Its actual name is the Wars of German Unification:
(for Take Command Second Mannassas)

http://www.loscon.net/Files/TCGU.zip

Los
Last edited by Los on Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don
Reactions:

Post by Don »

The mod might work, but I can't open it. It is password protected.
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Post by Ingles of the 57th »

Strange. I downloaded and opened it with no trouble.

There were though two corrupt files. One a music .wav file (Brandenburg Concerto) and the other a Sprite, French Soldier March 2 ..... the low definition version, I think.

The whole thing is much too big to send via e-mail but if you want any of the individual sprite files I could try my best. Do you want a check-list of all the troop variants included in this mod ?

Geoff Laver Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot.
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
Don
Reactions:

Post by Don »

Well, I think what I need are the conversion files. However, you're right about the 2 corrupt files. Could you send 2 uncorrupted ones with which to replace them? That might be the way to go. Also, do you have the download address to the file? I got mine from Mediafire, & there was the problem. Thank you, & I hope all is going well for you.
Don
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Post by Ingles of the 57th »

Don,

I loaded this mod down because it was one that I didn't have on TC2M and it looked promising. I replaced the content of the currupt.wav file with other music but I couldn't get over the corrupt unit sprite. It all just crashed immediately after loading despite the basic TC2M file being up to date as specified.

At that point I gave up, although I have still kept the zipped file as downloaded.

If I post you a copy from Africa, it will take a couple of months !

Geoff Laver Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
Don
Reactions:

Post by Don »

From Egypt, it takes about 2 weeks. I'm certainly in no rush, because this mod has never worked for me. I certainly don't want to put you out in time, effort, & expense, but I tghank you for your kindness.
Don
Los
Reactions:

Post by Los »

Here is the French soldier sprite