Uniform variations and modding of uniforms

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
Petrus58
Reactions:

Re: Uniform variations and modding of uniforms

Post by Petrus58 »

Saddletank, I am definitely not seeking to split hairs with someone as obviously knowledgeable on this subject as yourself, but if the game represents line horse artillery in campaign dress, then there will be no dolmans and no red plumes, so superficially, they will be quite similar to line foot artillery.
Biggest difference would be all blue uniform(aka blue trousers too) and red epilets..

In my years as a miniature wargamer, i have almost never seen anyone making french horse artillery in dolman.
Hi Gunfreak - agree re the epaulettes (and other differences), but didn't both line foot and horse artillery have blue tunics and trousers?
Gunfreak
Reactions:

Re: Uniform variations and modding of uniforms

Post by Gunfreak »

Saddletank, I am definitely not seeking to split hairs with someone as obviously knowledgeable on this subject as yourself, but if the game represents line horse artillery in campaign dress, then there will be no dolmans and no red plumes, so superficially, they will be quite similar to line foot artillery.
Biggest difference would be all blue uniform(aka blue trousers too) and red epilets..

In my years as a miniature wargamer, i have almost never seen anyone making french horse artillery in dolman.
Of course you are right! Long since I've painted any french arty.

Hi Gunfreak - agree re the epaulettes (and other differences), but didn't both line foot and horse artillery have blue tunics and trousers?