Battle of Chickamauga

Here is where we discuss the official add-on packs for Scourge Of War: Gettysburg.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: Battle of Chickamauga

Post by Saddletank »

You'll need to reposition the artillery.
Nope, thats where the Chattanooga Police department want them when he moves in.
Maintaining the police dept crews for them will eat into local taxes...
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Post by NY Cavalry »

Where else would I have to trim around a couple of cannon while doing my front lawn.

I'm sure at some point my son would try to fire one off.
LMUStats
Reactions:

Post by LMUStats »

You'll need to reposition the artillery.
Nope, thats where the Chattanooga Police department want them when he moves in.
But is this particular house in Chattanooga or East Ridge? :whistle:
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Post by NY Cavalry »

JmCraz8
Reactions:

Post by JmCraz8 »

As long as the cannons come with the house lol but I'd live in it anyways.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

I'm curious - the cannons that dot so many ACW preserved battlefields as monuments - how original are they? I would have thought the wooden carriages would have long rotted away and I'm presuming all the woodwork is modern, with just the barrels and some of the ironworks being original.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Michigander
Reactions:

Post by Michigander »

Most were put in during the 100th anniversary of the war. On some cannons at Gettysburg in particular, you can find stamps showing they were made in Italy. Behind the PA mounument in G-burg is where the Park Service repairs and maintains all of the cannons in a big warehouse.
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

I can't speak for all NPS battlefields, but at Gettysburg the carriages are metal reproductions. They are currently well along being refurbished (repaired/repainted). Most of the tubes are original but there are some reproduction tubes on the field.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

Here's a follow up to the posts about the artillery pieces currently on display around the Gettysburg battlefield. Specifically, an archived Gettysburg Daily article about the cannon restoration shop, part 1. Gettysburg Daily may be no more, but it still has good information archived.

http://www.gettysburgdaily.com/?p=12979
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
4thMissInf.Co.F
Reactions:

Post by 4thMissInf.Co.F »

HOI3 is great. I have all versions and played it for a full year. Absolutely love it.

As for SOW releases, I'd buy any one made to be honest, unless they didn't actually happen (like I have no interest in Pipe's Creek).

Being that my ancestors all fought in the Army of Mississippi and Army of Tennessee I would love to see Shiloh, Vicksburg Campaign, Franklin and Nashville, Atlanta campaign and so on. Really, you make it and you can count on my money being there.
My Ancestors:

-James Neely Vance, Pvt, 4th Mississippi Infantry, Company F "Sons Of The South", Army of Mississippi, Army of Tennessee
-William Harrison "Hash" Mabry, Pvt, 31st Mississippi Infantry, Company H, and 8th Mississippi Cavalry, Company D, N.B. Forrests Cavalry

Forever UNRECONSTRUCTED!