Something I just realized!!!

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Something I just realized!!!

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hi.

I've been a gamer since my Atari pong (black & white tv, couldn't afford a colour tv), and I never really cared too much about programming, or the programmers, or even knew what a programmer was except there was a game on my tv screen, and it was just simply incredible playing agains't my brother.

Many years passed away (always never satisfied until I got the latest greatest game), and I read the assorted magazines about the programmers, and how many it took to create a game of quality. I was impressed.

Here it is 2010, and I'm sitting down playing SOW, and during a lull in the action, and watching all of this great action taking place around me, It finally hit me. This incredible game is only programmed by one person. I just could not understand how this could be possible, but here it is, I'm playing one of the best games created by one guy out of his home. It's just mind blowing at what Norb has actually accomplished, and the team he has surrounded himself with.

Then I began too feel ashamed of how selfish I have been when requesting for new, and greater things to be done, not realizing what it must be like to do what he has done. I mean the only thing I've done is have a great lawn :)

I just want to thank you Norb, and to the rest of the team for such a great product, and thank you for the long hours you have spent to bring me a great time.

I just wanted you, and your team to know how much I appreciate what you have done.

Thank you.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sat May 15, 2010 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
norb
Reactions:

Re: Something I just realized!!!

Post by norb »

It's really amazing what a small dedicated group of people can accomplish on their own in their spare time. Thanks!
GShock
Reactions:

Post by GShock »

Add my name to the "thanks Norb!" list :)
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

Me too.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re:Something I just realized!!!

Post by RebBugler »

Hope you don't mind mikesla, just used my karma kick for poor ol' GShock...he's trying so hard not to complain about all the stuff he needs to happen. I'll get one to you with my next allotment...Great Positive Post for this game.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

RebBugler wrote:
Hope you don't mind mikesla, just used my karma kick for poor ol' GShock...he's trying so hard not to complain about all the stuff he needs to happen. I'll get one to you with my next allotment...Great Positive Post for this game.
Hey RebBugler,

I got your back !!

I also mikesla a Positive Karma for his Post !!! :)

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Not a problem Reb, I'll do the same thing. I think I have one to give out here.

Hey, thanks chamberlain.

Now, down to business.....I would like to see... :)
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sun May 16, 2010 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

There you go Gshock, gave you a karma point.

Don't use it all in once place... :)

Cheers....
tim
Reactions:

Post by tim »

And don't forget Norb does this in his spare time!! :blink: He has a day job.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Okay, that I didn't know.

Imagine if he worked on this full-time.

Great game guys...